First LP and Gibson can’t tell me what I have

lolainnb

Roadie
So I inherited this thing. Perfect condition LP case and documentation. Pic guard never installed so no drilled holes. I don’t know if there’s anything above mint but it’s that.

I don’t understand model naming except it says standard. I mean what color is this? It has a hint of red. What’s is this burst called?
C4999B94-6BFE-49B0-8232-3E8DED26506A.jpeg
988190F6-330E-4FB3-BDF3-0657218D3F73.jpeg

Holy shit that is beautiful, congrats!!

Pickguard not installed plus no poker chip would leave to believe that it is possibly a 2018 like mine. You should be able to discern that from the serial #

Are the pots all push/pull?

Lovely lovely guitar

EDIT: serial number is right in OP, so its a 2017 I guess. I think they were calling them "Standard T" that year

Is there a way to know if the finish is poly or nitro? It’s poly right? Too shiny to be nitro. Thinking about hanging it in a swing tree hanger and want to avoid damaging the finish

I am trying to love this guitar but not sure it’s for me. Is there a trading forum?

Last edited:
Is there a way to know if the finish is poly or nitro? It’s poly right? Too shiny to be nitro. Thinking about hanging it in a swing tree hanger and want to avoid damaging the finish

I am trying to love this guitar but not sure it’s for me. Is there a trading forum?

Put it on a rubber guitar stand for a couple weeks. :rofl

Year of production on Gibson serial numbers are digits 1 and 5 so this is a 2015 Standard. Color is Desert Burst. Bourbon burst is a large teardrop style burst. Desert Burst is a burst along the edges.

Year of production on Gibson serial numbers are digits 1 and 5 so this is a 2015 Standard. Color is Desert Burst. Bourbon burst is a large teardrop style burst. Desert Burst is a burst along the edges.

This changed in 2014. Gibsons since then its the first two digits https://www.gibson.com/en-US/support/serial-number-search

Gibson USA 2014 to present – These serial numbers cannot be dated to a specific day of the year.
The new model year typically launches in the fall as the current model year winds down. It is not uncommon for a new model year model to be produced during the previous model year (example – a 2015 model may have been built in late 2014).

The pattern is as follows:
YYRRRRRRR
YY is the model year
RRRRRRR is the number in product for the model year (starts at 0000001)

Back