Finished with my new setup

maddnotez

Besides some pedal wankery of course. I'm pretty happy with this overall. Sometimes you have to pay the mental toll to save some money.

Got a used Uber Ultra 6L6, no issues really. The MV switch makes a loud pop here and there and I'll be looking into that, otherwise this amp is incredible.

Got a used and abused Schecter C7 sls elite. A couple of dings, a scuff or 2 on the board but nothing major. Came with hard case and was $400 less than any other one I could find without a case.

And finally a broken Uberkab!!! Sounds massive. I did a little research to see how bad this thing is. There is a split at the top left joint. Looks clean, checked the insides. Everything else looks great, all in tact, nothing moves when I try to force it. Baffle and speakers are all good. So I opted to keep the Cab with a 50% refund. I'm sure many will disagree but for the price and after looking I believe I will be able to fix it.

Anyway this amp sounds sick and I love it.

Attachments

• 20240405_165129.jpg
    20240405_165129.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 9
Fuck, I think I need to try to turn my Shiva into an Uber. That sounds ridiculous, dude!!!

How do these cut live? Or is it more of a "Just turn it up, they'll hear it" kinda amp?

Fuck, I think I need to try to turn my Shiva into an Uber. That sounds ridiculous, dude!!!

How do these cut live? Or is it more of a "Just turn it up, they'll hear it" kinda amp?
Not sure, it's only been used in a basement once and after their jaws dropped on how good it sounded everyone said turn it down lol.

This amp gets pretty loud, not really sure how it sits.

I've had a lot of really good amps but for me this one has to be one of the meanest sounding out there.

Not sure, it's only been used in a basement once and after their jaws dropped on how good it sounded everyone said turn it down lol.

This amp gets pretty loud, not really sure how it sits.

I've had a lot of really good amps but for me this one has to be one of the meanest sounding out there.
Hey Drew, you can turn your Shiva into
a Shoe’Uber by running the Uberschall
distortion pedal into the butthole of the Shiva.
(effects loop).
-I bet you NEVER thought of that?-LTFOL dude!
You know what I’d do?
Run the Diezel Herbert pre-amp pedal into the
Shiva’s butthole.
Thst would be so ruthless..that’d piss
Chsrles Bronson off👍
The Herbert pedal into a JVM 410H was beyond all Thunderdome’s.
Mindblowing punch in the grunts.
It’s a head scratcher why dude’s don’t do more of this.
Especially if you wanna go bionic.

(effects loop).
You know what I’d do?
Shiva’s butthole.
Chsrles Bronson off👍

I actually did consider that, but running just a dirt pedal into a Return eliminates a whole shitload of other things I'd do with an amp/pedalboard. For high gain I strongly prefer to get the distortion from an amp rather than a pedal. I'm like 75% dry tones and 25% give me all the effects. pre and post.

Same, the only preamp pedal I could ever like was the Amptweaker TM Pro. I'm sure there's other and newer ones out there. Maybe even better these days. It was cool with a Quilter power amp for a pedalboard rig.
Congrats on this beast of a rig! :satan

I've always wanted to try an Amptweaker of some sort but never have :unsure:

Congrats on this beast of a rig! :satan

I've always wanted to try an Amptweaker of some sort but never have :unsure:
Idk how many preamp pedals I've tried. Definitely a few including the Herbert. It was no contest at all.

If I traveled to play music this setup I used to have would definitely be my rig. Quilter, TM Pro. Was using a Keeley D&M Boost I believe. But I go for straight metal tones so to each their own. There's also tons of new pedals on the market in the last 5 years that I haven't tried so who knows.

(effects loop).
You know what I’d do?
Shiva’s butthole.
Chsrles Bronson off👍
Triple Rectum Fire

I actually did consider that, but running just a dirt pedal into a Return eliminates a whole shitload of other things I'd do with an amp/pedalboard. For high gain I strongly prefer to get the distortion from an amp rather than a pedal. I'm like 75% dry tones and 25% give me all the effects. pre and post.

How about grabbing a Synergy Syn 1 or 2 with the Uberschall module.
Adding the Uber pre without losing anything from the Shiva or your pedal setup.

How about grabbing a Synergy Syn 1 or 2 with the Uberschall module.
Adding the Uber pre without losing anything from the Shiva or your pedal setup.

That's a consideration. Though I should probably just sell the Shiva and get my hands on the Uber. :rofl

Back