Favourite PAF Humbucker

I have been listening to a lot of Alcatrazz with Yngwie and it BLOWS ME AWAY! Not a hint of preamp distortion or compression.

And yet. My goodness! How do you do that? Is there a pedal or something I can buy that will get me there. :LOL:
Dod overdrive preamp in to a Marshall was it in those days. Scallops are a huge part of Yngwie's clarity .

47CAC1F8-A386-4786-BFBB-DC1A97C98712.jpeg

Oops did it again, and yes it is the real one.

i am all about PAFs on a les paul or a set-neck guitar with a gibson scale length (mostly the set neck design, not the scale length so much). for me the defaults for readily available and killer-sounding ones are the dimarzio 36th anniversary PAF (for potted) and the duncan seth lover (for unpotted). you can get way more boutique but for me these two are killer and i haven't really found something else that i love so much that i have to have them.

I usually prefer higher output ceramic PUs, but for PAFs I really like the DiMarzio 36ths and Duncan Whole Lotta Humbuckers.

i am all about PAFs on a les paul or a set-neck guitar with a gibson scale length (mostly the set neck design, not the scale length so much). for me the defaults for readily available and killer-sounding ones are the dimarzio 36th anniversary PAF (for potted) and the duncan seth lover (for unpotted). you can get way more boutique but for me these two are killer and i haven't really found something else that i love so much that i have to have them.

That’s a good philosophy. I think if you have a set of each that’s the range.

Back