Fane speakers

FuzzyAce

Rock Star
TGF Recording Artist
I'm no Fane expert but I do know I love the sound of those old 4x12s, both real and IR versions.
Question to anyone who may know -- what is "best" current Fane replica or the one to get that is the epitome of that frequency response? Alnico or Ceramic?
I see that Fane is still a brand but have no experience with their current offerings.

thanks

I'm no Fane expert but I do know I love the sound of those old 4x12s, both real and IR versions.
Question to anyone who may know -- what is "best" current Fane replica or the one to get that is the epitome of that frequency response? Alnico or Ceramic?
I see that Fane is still a brand but have no experience with their current offerings.

thanks
I Have a Hi-Watt IR PAck If you want send me a pm with your mail il send it to you I used it for HEaven and Hell it was Really nice

The York Audio HWAT 412 FN50 Lite Cab Pack is based on a vintage Hiwatt™ SE4122 4x12 cabinet loaded with the original Fane™ “Purple Label” 50 watt speakers from 1977.

1718564214747.png

1718564323569.png

Wasn't Fryette doing a "Fane" inspired 12"'er??
Not sure, but this is the kinda info that helps. I see that Reeves makes(made) a replica of the purple one but may need to contact them directly.
Just searching, on TOP someone mentioned Eminence Tonker is a take on a Fane, first I heard that.

Stephen Fryette is all about the Hiwatts. His amps are indebted to that lineage and
Townsend was his fave guitarist growing up and to this day. Pretty sure you can find
the Fryette Fat Bottom speakers 2nd hand at a reasonable price.

I have a Tonker around here somewhere, and never once thought it was that kind of thing.
You want it? I'll send it to you.
:idk

Stephen Fryette is all about the Hiwatts. His amps are indebted to that lineage and
Townsend was his fave guitarist growing up and to this day. Pretty sure you can find
the Fryette Fat Bottom speakers 2nd hand at a reasonable price.

I have a Tonker around here somewhere, and never once thought it was that kind of thing.
You want it? I'll send it to you.
:idk
Thanks for the info!
Based on the specs and your impression yeah I don't think the Tonker fits the bill anyways. Seriously, your generosity is very much appreciated but I don't need to collect anything more unless I know for sure. :rofl(i could change my mind)

I Have a Hi-Watt IR PAck If you want send me a pm with your mail il send it to you I used it for HEaven and Hell it was Really nice

The York Audio HWAT 412 FN50 Lite Cab Pack is based on a vintage Hiwatt™ SE4122 4x12 cabinet loaded with the original Fane™ “Purple Label” 50 watt speakers from 1977.

View attachment 24120

View attachment 24121
Hopefully you're not offering to (illegally) share a commercial IR pack?

Back