Ever pay more than you probably should for a pedal, but still got a decent deal?

I bought a Nordvang Triple Gain that should be coming in today. We'll see if it was worth the price. Ordered it from someone on T h e O t h e r P l a c e. I'll update with how that goes (should be here today).

Anyways, anyone ever spend more than they should, or would have liked to spend on a pedal, but still get a decent deal on it?

Sure. I paid 300 for a used RP1000 once and then saw one on craigslist a week later for 150. I dont regret it, that thing was great for me.

Why yes, yes I have!

Paid too much for this Fuzz Face because it was a rare blue enclosure. Seller never popped the hood to see it had actually been rebuilt by a legend.

I remember justifying this purchase because "it's technically 3 pedals!", value has basically doubled since then.

I sweated this purchase, but it could cover a few mortgage payments if I'm ever in a pinch. Would still be tough to let go of.

Technically not a pedal, but still an effect. Picked this up from a synth nerd right before the value on these skyrocketed.

Always on the lookout for the next score, lol.

Why yes, yes I have!

Paid too much for this Fuzz Face because it was a rare blue enclosure. Seller never popped the hood to see it had actually been rebuilt by a legend.

I remember justifying this purchase because "it's technically 3 pedals!", value has basically doubled since then.

I sweated this purchase, but it could cover a few mortgage payments if I'm ever in a pinch. Would still be tough to let go of.

Technically not a pedal, but still an effect. Picked this up from a synth nerd right before the value on these skyrocketed.

I snagged that same model Space Echo at a yard sale years ago for 20 bucks. I want to say I flipped it for 800 a day later.

Russian Reaction GIF

The Nordvang Triple Gain is totally rad. I wasn't digging the TS10 circuit at first. Not enough volume and the clean bleed vs overdrive tone was too obvious. I opened it up, adjusted the internal dipswitch, and it is awesome now. Paired with my Lovepedal Zendrive Squared, using one circuit from each, sounds kick ass. Pairing any two of the circuits on the Triple Gain sounds cool as well. The two sides of the Zendrive Squared obviously pairs well by itself also. I was initially going to pair it with my ProCo Fat Rat, but grabbed the ProCo Deucetone Rat as it was easier to grab out of my storage container in my office/crafts room. I wasn't quite digging it quickly enough, so I set it aside. I still plan to pair it with the Fat Rat when I get a moment, but work is burning me out.

Why yes, yes I have!

Can you pleeeeeaassse post some pics of that Fuzz Face? I got tingly when I saw that.

Thanks man, I love gear with a story behind it. The crazy thing is that it's the best fuzz I have, and it's BC108 trannies. Defies internet logic, but its even sweeter than my Ge Sunface, which is amazing in its own right.

The only one I spent a good chunk of change on was the Brent Hinds Vibechange sig pedal. It’s limited to 300 units and I got it for $350 new, but I got it the same week I got the Drybell Vibe and that vibe sounds so damn good it’s hard to beat. It’s not that the Vibechange sucks, I know vibes are another thing like dirt pedals where one man’s “meh” is another’s “perfect!”, it’s just not quite as syrupy as the Drybell.

Funnily enough, I just got a pre-order notification this morning for another limited run Dirt B. Hinds is doing, it’s for a fuzz/wah pedal, but I’m still on a no-dirt-pedal run until I get all the delay/mod stuff I want.

The only one I spent a good chunk of change on was the Brent Hinds Vibechange sig pedal. It’s limited to 300 units and I got it for $350 new, but I got it the same week I got the Drybell Vibe and that vibe sounds so damn good it’s hard to beat. It’s not that the Vibechange sucks, I know vibes are another thing like dirt pedals where one man’s “meh” is another’s “perfect!”, it’s just not quite as syrupy as the Drybell.

Funnily enough, I just got a pre-order notification this morning for another limited run Dirt B. Hinds is doing, it’s for a fuzz/wah pedal, but I’m still on a no-dirt-pedal run until I get all the delay/mod stuff I want.
Was it still a good deal compared to what they sometimes (or oftentimes) go for on Reverb, etc.?

Was it still a good deal compared to what they sometimes (or oftentimes) go for on Reverb, etc.?
HOLY F*CKING SH*TTYC*NTS!!!!!!!!!

I never even looked at what they were going for on there, YEAH IT WAS A GOOD DEAL. :rofl :rofl :rofl

Now I’m thinking of hitting up that pre-order and just keeping it in the box! FFS!!!

HOLY F*CKING SH*TTYC*NTS!!!!!!!!!

I never even looked at what they were going for on there, YEAH IT WAS A GOOD DEAL. :rofl :rofl :rofl

Now I’m thinking of hitting up that pre-order and just keeping it in the box! FFS!!!
I think. That's sort of the purpose of the thread. "Yeah, I paid a LOT for the pedal, but have you seen what they normally go for? This is a bit/a massive deal comparitivty speaking!"

Back