Euros 2024

Whizzinby

Rock Star
TGF Recording Artist
Not sure if anyone watches the other futbol.

England looked kinda average there. :idk

Agree, but they got the 3 points and top of their group fwiw.

Like most such tournaments, I expect my interest to grow after the first few rounds.

Can't really whine about the performance of our team. Which is pretty new, as pessimism is Germany's most popular afternoon pastime :LOL:

Agree, but they got the 3 points and top of their group fwiw.

Like most such tournaments, I expect my interest to grow after the first few rounds.

I agree. The first game can be particularly tricky and honestly they looked like they could use a game, for conditioning. I was just kind of surprised they let Serbia grow into the game so early.

Last edited:
And over-hyping England is the English past-time, or at least it is in the media.
I mean, England is not bad.

Honestly last time I saw an England game was that Euro 2020 final with that penalty. I would have thought England sacks the coach after that horrible penalty ending where he wasted all those young players.

Nice to see Bellingham being so strong with just 20.

One thing:

I LOVE the new "only the captain speaks with the ref" rule. It makes my blood boil so much less. And it that games I saw it worked quite good IMO.

France wasn't exactly inspiring or dominant but Belgium was the real surprise.

The Denmark/Slovenia draw helped England.

Of the pre-tournament favs, Germany looks good, along with Spain and Italy.

England surviving. Boy that game stalled once penalties loomed. Bring back the Golden Goal!

Holland v Turkey, holy shit what a game. Feel bad for Turkey, they left it all out there.

Georgia did so well, on its first ever major tournament,. This Euros, united whole country again.....

England plays boring game.... and they got lucky to get this far.......

Spain will be champions this year...

Even though I am Español, I do not really care if they win or lose because I don't give a damn about ball games. But I don't want the Brits to win tonight. I hope that they will be defeated by Spain :grin

200.gif

Dos-Uno o Dos-Cero
Apm GIF by Alguna pregunta més?

I LOVE the new "only the captain speaks with the ref" rule. It makes my blood boil so much less. And it that games I saw it worked quite good IMO
It was like this when I played rugby. Only the team captain could address the ref which made games go much smoother.

Spain with a lot of possession, but not producing many clear chances. England grew into the game slightly by half. Gonna be a nervy 45 minutes. :nails

Spain with a lot of possession, but not producing many clear chances. England grew into the game slightly by half. Gonna be a nervy 45 minutes. :nails
Yeah... that changed by now.

Yamal is a monster and he is half my age. What am I doing with my life???

That goal was nicely done, looked awesome.
(say the guy that doesn’t like soccer)
I do get exited when there’s action I front of the goal though… doesn’t matter wich… it’s quite fun to watch if I have snacks and soda!
If I didn’t have that I wouldn’t watch

Back