Empress ParaEq MKII Deluxe

James Freeman

Rock Star
Anyone tried this as a boost?

27v internal voltage, 30dB of clean low noise boost, low/high cuts and shelving.
This might be the next best thing before adding another 12ax7 gain stage to the amp.

Right now I'm using an SD-1 to shape the frequencies and a Mosky Silver Horse for a high headroom boost after the SD-1, both pedals engaged.
I'm getting almost tube like high gain from this combination when boosting the 2203 but I think the ParaEq might replace both.

I didn’t keep a lot of pedals after I went all-in on Fractal but I kept all my empress pedals: the compressor, the delay and the paraeq. I have an OG para eq and it’s an amazing tone shaping tool. I did beta testing for it and I recall being pretty skeptical how useful a parametric EQ would be for a guitar player. I was so floored by it. All these years later and I still keep it around. Wouldn’t be caught without one in an analog rig now.

I can’t speak your level of nerdawesomeness but I used my MKII Deluxe specifically as a choose-your-own-OD with my Synergy rig. Being able to pinpoint precise hi/low cuts and the right amount and right frequency range for mid hump, on a per Syn module basis was awesome. It’s such a great piece of utility kit.

Like a lot of gear I dumped it only because I stumbled onto the world Fractal and lost my will to live need for other gear, bowing to its greatness. :ROFLMAO:

Back