EBMM casters, anyone used these or installed them?

jim777

So, I am starting to play out again and my amp is a Mark IV combo and Thiele 1x12 cabinet. Until I get around to getting a Fender TM amp of some kind I need to move this heavy fucker around a lot more than it ever has in my house. Has anyone installed these EBMM casters in anything? Looks like they might need some decent sized holes drilled to get them installed?
I really nice little guitar store opened up by me recently and I want to buy from them as often as possible where possible, because it's super close by and has some really nice stuff, and these are the only casters they sell.
Just looking to see if anyone has installed these, and how they work in general - will they move your amp across the stage if the stage is tilted a bit, for example? :)

Those look like the standard Marshall-style popouts. They're fine. Not as heavy-duty as Mesa's, but probably cheaper, too.

Plenty of options for casters at the local hardware store. That's what I did back when I had a 4x12, four casters, two with brakes.

You could also get a wooden dolly if you don't want to drill.

Screenshot_20220905_174415.jpg

So, I am starting to play out again and my amp is a Mark IV combo and Thiele 1x12 cabinet. Until I get around to getting a Fender TM amp of some kind I need to move this heavy f****r around a lot more than it ever has in my house. Has anyone installed these EBMM casters in anything? Looks like they might need some decent sized holes drilled to get them installed?
I really nice little guitar store opened up by me recently and I want to buy from them as often as possible where possible, because it's super close by and has some really nice stuff, and these are the only casters they sell.
Just looking to see if anyone has installed these, and how they work in general - will they move your amp across the stage if the stage is tilted a bit, for example? :)
Jim, buy the Mesa casters instead. You'll have the flexibility of taking the casters off when you're not wanting to roll the cab around.

Back