Dream Theater Megathread

I don't mind too much when Jordan goes off on one, but I feel like all of it has gotten too predictable.
Like there's a list of DTisms that they have to hit in every song. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Too predictable and too… one note maybe?

Maybe it’s perspective, but I feel like there is so much more variety in their older stuff. In the old albums each song is unique and easily distinguishable, but in their new stuff it all sounds the same to the point I can’t even remember any of it after listening through an album

In that live vid I posted last night there’s a Rudess carnival section, I can’t remember what song it is, but it’s that exact shit, ragtime and carnival bullshit that was cute exactly one time but immediately after that became “Yo, knock that shit off, seriously”

This is amazingly good! Listen how close they sound even to live DT from back then:

I never knew Virgil did this project!

are a lot of their older DVD’s out of print? I’ve got Score, Live at Budokan, and Scenes From New York, but can’t find Once In a Livetime anywhere.

are a lot of their older DVD’s out of print? I’ve got Score, Live at Budokan, and Scenes From New York, but can’t find Once In a Livetime anywhere.

Looks like it. That’s odd, but getting it back in print is probably on a Portnoy housekeeping list he’s been making the last few weeks. :rofl

Yeah I LOVE Rush, but man some of the final concerts Geddy’s voice was getting mighty rough. It can’t be easy singing like that constantly though.

Have you checked out Crownlands? Holy shit balls man, those kids are talented. Canadian too!

I have not. That thumbnail looks cool.

Yeah I LOVE Rush, but man some of the final concerts Geddy’s voice was getting mighty rough. It can’t be easy singing like that constantly though.

Have you checked out Crownlands? Holy shit balls man, those kids are talented. Canadian too!

That's a bit like the Greta Van Fleet of Rush. :LOL:

I dig that young people are inspired by the same bands I was. For me, when they ape the vibe that
close I just prefer to listen to the OGs. It's insane how close they get in composition and arranging.

Back