Does anyone remember a failed crowd funded pedal scandal?

Most of the builds I've seen have been vero/stripboard then wrapped in electrical tape and left to hang free in the enclosure. Most of the wiring I've seen is just as bad as the build you posted.
I would never sell a vero/stripboard pedal. Sure, they’re great for prototyping, but they’re typically noisy as hell and very prone to shorts.

I would never sell a vero/stripboard pedal. Sure, they’re great for prototyping, but they’re typically noisy as hell and very prone to shorts.

Gotta disagree on that. If they're built properly they're not any noisier than a pcb build and again if built properly you won't get any shorts.

Most noobs who have a go at vero end up with pedals that look like a devi ever build but vero built by someone who knows what they're doing look great and will last as long as any pcb build. I've seen plenty of bad pcbs and pcb builds over the years.

For me pcb, vero, tagboard and point to point all have their place and all are completely valid as long as they've been built properly.

Back