Does a Fireball 25 sound like a SLO?

paisleywookiee

Rock Star
I sometimes listen to Phil McKnight’s podcast whilst sitting at work patching servers, and he sometimes says that the Engl FB25 is kind of a poor man’s SLO30, even though it’s still not a “cheap” amp. It is, however, WAY cheaper still. Does anyone have experience with both, by chance? The odds of me trying both before I make it out to Sweetwater next year are pretty nil.

EDIT

I should say this is more of a curiosity thing. If I stick with amps, someday I’d like something like a SLO sound.

Good to know. Thanks for smashing my dreams. :rofl Damn man, I wonder why he (Phil) says shit like that.
Ah well, I’ma waitin’ for the VII:25 anyway.
With ENGL’s you HAVE TOO play one in person.
Don’t get me started.
Better yet, you wanna lose HERDS of cash?
Buy the new “Elderly Statesman Edition”
amplifier that just came out.
HOLD UP, run by your local yocal Sam Ash or Guitsr Center and check out where the 4X12’s are at in the store,
-you see it?? Yep..
FYI, the previous owner took
a bonifide BLOODBATH selling it to the store,
-you got herds of chiseling room👍

I sometimes listen to Phil McKnight’s podcast whilst sitting at work patching servers, and he sometimes says that the Engl FB25 is kind of a poor man’s SLO30, even though it’s still not a “cheap” amp. It is, however, WAY cheaper still. Does anyone have experience with both, by chance? The odds of me trying both before I make it out to Sweetwater next year are pretty nil.

EDIT

I should say this is more of a curiosity thing. If I stick with amps, someday I’d like something like a SLO sound.
Get a SYN30 w/ the SLO module. I have both the SLO30 and the Synergy and the Syn is a good cut at the SLO. It is not 1:1 but it is within spitting distance and is a viable substitute. The Syn rig will be laround $1450 if you shop for a deal vs like $2600-$2900 for the SLO. I am betting they are going to do something like the IRX for the SLO at some point too.

That Soldano Astro 20 looks like it is going to be super cool, too.

Get a SYN30 w/ the SLO module. I have both the SLO30 and the Synergy and the Syn is a good cut at the SLO. It is not 1:1 but it is within spitting distance and is a viable substitute. The Syn rig will be laround $1450 if you shop for a deal vs like $2600-$2900 for the SLO. I am betting they are going to do something like the IRX for the SLO at some point too.

That Soldano Astro 20 looks like it is going to be super cool, too.
Damn, that’s a solid shout. I totally forgot about both the Syn1 and that incoming Astro 20. Thanks!

Back