Do you read long and boring "wall of text" posts?

title

• Yes

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • No

Votes: 24 77.4%

• Total voters

James Freeman

Rock Star
I usually don't read them, but I do write them sometimes. :D

Formatting (short paragraphs) is very important to keep attention if you want people to read your long and boring post.
A "bear with me..." or a space every two sentences can be all the difference between a read post and totally ignored post.

Bear with me...

Bold letters and/or caps can also helps to 'bump' attention IF you think the post is BORING but informative enough.
Plus, long posts don't get reactions because NOBODY READS THEM, and we all appreciate positive feedback.

Now imagine if this post was 6 long and boring sentences with no spaces, I would NEVER read it.

Cheers.

Without punctuation or good formatting all I see is
images

If one can’t use proper paragraph structure or punctuation, I just assume that I don’t need to hear anything they have to say, LOL. Or maybe i‘m just impatient.

But seriously - if you are going to write some looooong post on a forum, at least add a TL;DR to it so I know if it’ll be worth my time (and effort).

Formatting (short paragraphs) is very important to keep attention if you want people to read your long and boring post.
A "bear with me..." or a space every two sentences can be all the difference between a read post and totally ignored post.

Bear with me...

Bold letters and/or caps can also helps to 'bump' attention IF you think the post is BORING but informative enough.
Plus, long posts don't get reactions because NOBODY READS THEM, and we all appreciate positive feedback.

Now imagine if this post was 6 long and boring sentences with no spaces, I would NEVER read it.

Cheers.
Depends on the screen name next to it :bag

Dayum, it's a unanimous NO.
That basically leaves us with one-liner shitposts and memes.
No it just means don’t make it a freaking wall of text. Break it up into paragraphs. Bold some key points. And if long enough - include an executive summary. :p

(edited to fix dumb typos)

Last edited:

Bear with me...

Cheers.
This was done relatively well. I added a couple extra breaks though.

Back