Do you read long and boring "wall of text" posts?

title

• Yes

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • No

Votes: 24 77.4%

• Total voters
Asking for a fiend 🎩
3ujczv.jpg

I actually like his style of formatting. Easier for me to read :idk

Nope. If someone can’t take the initiative to properly format and present what they are trying to say, then I have no interest in reading it.

That said, @BenIfin sets the standard in legible, and engaging posts.

TL;DR: Be more like @BenIfin

Thanks. Too kind ! :)

Serious deductions for using all the formatting options in one post. :hmm

Yes .... its an ongoing, very slow journey :) ;)

It's even worse on a phone, two sentences look like an encyclopedia

I know this turned out to be somewhat of a joke thread but I actually do read some long posts ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . I've learned a lot from great posters
The beauty of forums is the info is always there for people who search for it.
I have learned a TON form TGP, MarshallForum, DIYStompboxes and many more sites google finds for me.
Memes are fun and all but it quickly turns into a boring shit show without any real value.

I often type long posts and try to deliberately think how to split paragraphs so that they remain readable and understandable. You probably know I love my bullet point lists at this point.

There's some posters on other forums that write like some sort of stream of consciousness with excessive punctuation or weird use of capitalization, emphasis etc. Almost always with no paragraphs. Those are very difficult to read even if the poster might have some interesting things to say.

There's also one guy on another forum that posts almost a copy paste dissertation for every one of his posts. It gets annoying to try to find the new content in that. I get that the same stuff gets repeated but like, point to an existing post if you need to repeat.

Back