Do Something Week 8! FINAL WEEK!!!

Got three more done, only one left to demo, so thankful for this challenge!

This one I'll probably make up a less bouncy bass part - also forgot the solo I wrote and didn’t leave enough space to end it

This one I didn't quite like the tempo I'll have to mess with it

Last edited:
Mix 2 - seeking comments/feedback on the mix

IMG-0941.jpg

OK I went back and re-mixed it because didn’t translate well to other systems. (I reset all the faders/sends … within my world, a drastic move. I realize not so much in today’s automated digital world. lol)

I don’t know how this reads to others so I’m gonna post it and let you tell me if you’re so inclined.

TIA 👍❤️🙏

Nice :)
Mix comment: IMO, snare drum is too dominate and dry. Low end is muddy/undefined with too many overlapping frequencies. Minor tweaks on both should give more room for mix to open up.

Nice :)
Mix comment: IMO, snare drum is too dominate and dry. Low end is muddy/undefined with too many overlapping frequencies. Minor tweaks on both should give more room for mix to open up.

Thank you TJ. I have mix #3 already planned. I will take your feedback into account. Very helpful.

May I ask what your monitor through?

Some of the imaging has been destroyed as well, in the down convert to MP3. (The final rhythm guitars should be spinning in a circle.)

Thank you so very much!

Thank you TJ. I have mix #3 already planned. I will take your feedback into account. Very helpful.

May I ask what your monitor through?

Some of the imaging has been destroyed as well, in the down convert to MP3. (The final rhythm guitars should be spinning in a circle.)

Thank you so very much!

Event PS6 studio monitors.

Ran out of time to do the bass, so will try to come back later and update this post:

EDIT:

Got off work and fired up the 4 string MuthaF@cker and put some bass on this. Amazing what bass does... inspired me to add another section, too.

Leaving both to show the difference, and so it only gets counted once.

Last edited:
OK, about as late to this challenge as possible, but here is my first contribution! FYI, also posted in the "Partakers Lounge" thread.

Last night (April 19, 2023) I wrote a new song in honor of the magical 4/20 day (was not planned)!! Got a hair up my but that I should try and release it today on April 20, 2023. Did not make it quite that far, but I did make it to what I thought was an acceptable demo version (full release will be next year just shy of 4/20 and that version will be much better)!! Figured may as well put it into the challenge so I can tie for last place!!!

Page with lyrics and artwork:

Mp3 direct link:

Final artwork for DEMO:
Happy4Score_2023Mar20_v002_1200x1200.jpg

Last one, I'm gonna redo the tempo on Brand New Start but got 24 demos done and 1 live track - now to write some more stuff :sofa

A little silence at the start of this one

Last edited:
Here's a better tempo on Brand new start - I removed the bass part that was matching the opening guitar part and replaced it with the verse bass part, then exported from Garageband and imported to Bandlab on the iPad and was able to change tempo to lazily slow it down.

Wow didn't realize this is the final "week" lol It's been awhile for me. I did a really quick drumjam last night and used the neural amp modeler for the first time. This thing fkn rocks man, I think I like it better than Tonex to be honest due to the lack of knob turning.

Sorry guys, I had an intense weekend at work with fire alarm issues!

I’m going to be leaving work early, I’ll tally up this post and then our overlord @Iron1 will be taking over as the ringleader, where it’ll most certainly be a much more consistent challenge as far as ending/starting dates!

I’m knee deep in learning 40 songs for the cover band I just joined so chances are whatever I contribute for the next few weeks will be my take on some funk/rock tunes that I’ve never even heard before.

I’ve been consumed by life the last couple weeks and haven’t had the time to get a submission in for the final week. #bummed

Until the new challenge is up, I’m thinking of going back and redoing some of my first submissions to get better versions of them now that I have a vague clue how a DAW works.

Awesome job doods, this has been a lot of fun.

Life. Never. Stops.

I am just glad you survived that ToneX marathon, JT. Might have been easier to run an actual Marathon. :idk

Back