Do Something - Season Two - Week "FOUR?"

Had the opening riff, first lyric, and closing chorus chord changes. Turned out like The Police King of Pain chord changes with Toad the Wet Sprocket vocals and melody lol. Kind of a Memorial Day tribute to my grandpa I never met and thinking of other people who inspire me

Last edited:

Lamed out and tried to redo my last submission. Retracked quite a bit of it trying to get a cleaner, less washy version. Notched the drums up a hair. Still has this weird feint distortion in a couple parts. Couldn't be bothered trying edit the string scrapes out of the first distorted part. Still a touch wavy in the middle part but got it tolerable, and then extended the end of the song vibe out a little longer. Played with Ozone trying to get the SoundCloud conversion a little cleaner (largely by lowering the LUFs to hover between 12-14) and in line with how it sounds in WAV form. Alas SC is still a POS and really pushes everything forward so much it loses some compactness and dynamics, but with fresh ears later ill see if this made any improvement over the first run. I have noticed, and it may be my mind playing tricks on me that SC does something different with them via browser vs the mobile app. On the mobile app its thin, whereas via browser it sound fuller. Good riddance to this track, I'm done. lol

Back