Dilemma !

Stone

Rock Star
Aight Boys here's one
as you may know from all my GAS Ramblings I was really set on the Nick Johnston Trad H/S/S In pink no less
as everything i choose or look for nothing is perfect, always something, Humbucker is Split Coil and thats Nice
What i dont really care for in that particular model is the Middle Pickup, 1 id never use it 2 it gets in my way of picking and strumming
and OFC id swap the Pups.

1722373253567.png

then I saw this which is Interesting in some ways this is what id Like a H/S configuration, as its all id ever use
but this odd thing has 2 Single coils that act as a Humbucker and a single coil and then the single coil would not be noiseless also the sigle coil mode is not in the rear position where it should be rather its the neck facing coil so not sure how that would sound, also the choice of Pups for that is turning out to be a nightmare
But I like the fact of Slanted dual single coil Humbucker and for the neck id go Area 58, the problem would be the Bridge
Also this one is a 24 Fret with a Wenge Neck which is nice but dont really want Jumbo XL frets but can live with it

1722373599418.png

I wonder how i could fit a Humbucker and split the coils in that Bridge or if its even possible since its screws are accommodating 2 Single coils, for me that would be the Cats Meow

1722373967380.png

I could not find any Guitar that has a Slanted H/S configuration without a Floyd Rose, thats a no no for me 100%

:unsure:

I mean, just get the Nick Johnston and screw the middle pickup way down so it’s not in the way of your picking. It’s not a big deal to skip those extra positions on the selector switch. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You could even disconnect it from the wiring if you really wanted to. That’s what Yngwie does with the middle pickup on his guitars.

I mean, just get the Nick Johnston and screw the middle pickup way down so it’s not in the way of your picking. It’s not a big deal to skip those extra positions on the selector switch. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You could even disconnect it from the wiring if you really wanted to. That’s what Yngwie does with the middle pickup on his guitars.
Yup that's possible as well

Robin Trower is pissed off that you have such an issue with the Middle Pickup
on a S-style guitar.

Told me he is never touring Canada again. :hmm

:rofl

I like the HSS Schecter. Hawt! :love
I certainly love Trower for sure but only potential would be Too Rolling stone, not sure what pup he uses for that
And well no Clapton for me and certainly no Hippie Gracia or John Mayer
So there's that

:grin

Regarding the 2 screws on the pickup, I had to deal with similar that on my Kiesel, which had less real estate:
E3256880-52AC-4951-8C5F-43A53826D8D6.jpeg

Back