Digital Igloo (Eric Klein, YGG)

Squeaky Wheels (Employee Edition)—"Please please please please please?!" "Okay, fine. Now shut up." This has only happened a couple times, and I'm most often the please please guy.

And at least in one case I'm aware of it could be realized just *soooo* much better, it's almost heartbreaking to see the current implementation.

And at least in one case I'm aware of it could be realized just *soooo* much better, it's almost heartbreaking to see the current implementation.
QWERTY key commands or Variax Volume/Tone knobs as controllers? Because those are my two big please please please features.

PRO TIP: I almost never have any idea what people are talking about when they mention "the XXX bug" or similar nonspecific references. Contrary to popular belief, I don't maintain a photographic memory for every single post on the two dozen or so forums I follow.

QWERTY key commands

This.
They're patch based. Which completely (! - no, make that: !!!) ruins them. If they were global and accessible through an extra display mode, they would've been absolutely excellent. But nobody's going to re-program their precious patches just to have that feature (and I have not even once seen or read of anyone using this function).
Seriously, it's almost heartbreaking to see this great function going wasted.

This.
They're patch based. Which completely (! - no, make that: !!!) ruins them. If they were global and accessible through an extra display mode, they would've been absolutely excellent. But nobody's going to re-program their precious patches just to have that feature (and I have not even once seen or read of anyone using this function).
Seriously, it's almost heartbreaking to see this great function going wasted.
"Heartbreaking?" That seems mighty overdramatic. I just copied and pasted ten QWERTY hotkeys into 24 presets in about a minute:
  1. From the Command Center containing your QWERTY map, press ACTION and then Knob 2 (Copy All Commands).
  2. Press another preset's switch, press ACTION and then Knob 3 (Paste All Commands). Press SAVE twice.
  3. Repeat step 2 for any preset you wish to have the same QWERTY map.
Even if you insist on having the same map in all 1024 preset locations, or you want to change the map and can't be bothered to copy/paste those changes, "heartbreaking" still borders on hyperbole, especially given that no one else even has this functionality.

What'd be stupid is if QWERTY keys were automatically global, considering there are only 10 stomp switches. This is a guitar processor, not a DAW/YouTube remote. But if you want it to be a DAW/YouTube remote, you can turn it into one, with a tiny amount of work.

Last edited:
"Heartbreaking?" That seems mighty overdramatic. I just copied and pasted ten QWERTY hotkeys into 24 presets in about a minute:
  1. From the Command Center containing your QWERTY map, press ACTION and then Knob 2 (Copy All Commands).
  2. Press another preset's switch, press ACTION and then Knob 3 (Paste All Commands).
  3. Press SAVE twice.
  4. Repeat steps 2 and 3.

You're missing a most relevant point here:
In ALL of my Helix Floor patches, each and every (!) switch in stomp mode has always been in use - and I was still wishing for more. What I defenitely wasn't wishing for has been to replace my precious switches with QWERTY commands.

You're missing a most relevant point here:
In ALL of my Helix Floor patches, each and every (!) switch in stomp mode has always been in use - and I was still wishing for more. What I defenitely wasn't wishing for has been to replace my precious switches with QWERTY commands.
You're missing my point. There's absolutely nothing wrong with our implementation of QWERTY hotkeys. The fact that Sascha Frank wants more stomp switches—or extra layers of stomp switches—is wholly tangential to that particular feature.

We give you ten—choose wisely.

You're missing my point. There's absolutely nothing wrong with our implementation of QWERTY hotkeys. The fact that Sascha Frank wants more stomp switches—or extra layers of stomp switches—is wholly tangential to that particular feature.

Oh right, that's why there's oh-so-many people praising that feature! Hence you must've been implementing it as great as it gets, right?

I’ve asked this question before and can’t seem to find an answer:

Am I able to COMPLETELY disable the capacitive touch feature on the HX Stomp?

It is VERY annoying when dialing in tones from the pedal!

I’ve asked this question before and can’t seem to find an answer:

Am I able to COMPLETELY disable the capacitive touch feature on the HX Stomp?

It is VERY annoying when dialing in tones from the pedal!
There's no global defeat of capacitive touch, no, but if you're in Preset or Snapshot mode, touching a switch does nothing.

Back