Devin’s got it right….

Man, he's so supremly gifted..... but those operatic tendencies just leave me wanting.
It's exhausting for me to endure all that Renaissance Candy. :brick

I wish he would do a super stripped down album and let the music breathe a little
more, and he banned his inner Captain Overdub from his studio. Just one time, Dev.

Reactions: JT
Man, he's so supremly gifted..... but those operatic tendencies just leave me wanting.

I wish he would do a super stripped down album and let the music breathe a little
more, and he banned his inner Captain Overdub from his studio. Just one time, Dev.

Casualties Of Cool is probably the most stripped down Dev you’re going to get, aside from his acoustic performances. He’s getting ready to start mixing his albums in surround sound/ATMOS, so I think he’s going to be going further in the opposite direction of stripped down. :rofl

Haha! I heard him say that in the livestream.

He's such a likable guy. I applaud his spiritual/transcendent vibes, too.

With Devin, the more he veers into broadway musical territory (especially vocally); the more I want him to get angry at something again :bag :rofl

We are on the same wavelength here. Even if I do like his heavily orchestrated stuff when it goes on the melancholy side of things.

Someone needs to lock him up and force him to play in a Trio for an entire year, and then
release the results to the public. :LOL:

I kid. Who am I? I am an utter hack. Dev can do what he wants, when he wants, how he wants.
Like Drew mentioned----he hasn't even really gone off the deep end yet, compared to where
he sounds like he wants to go.

I may be waving at that ship from the shore when he sets sail. ;)

Back