Device with BEST headphone out? Smaller sized.

Strange priority to choose a modeler, since all may be reasonable good on that area. The experienced quality will actually depend on the headphones and on the modeler itself, not much on the headphones output. But if you are really looking for the BEST headphone output, the only way to know is to compare the technical characteristics of the amplifier.

Fractal Audio is using the Analog Devices ADA4075-2 Ultra Low Noise Amplifier. I know that because mine was damaged and I had to replace it.
1701510044428.jpeg

20231202_162746.jpg

Both the Axe-FX III and the FM3 can perfectly drive my 70 Ohm Audeze LCD-2. Actually, even my BOSS Micro-BR can, and it is really small size!

All roads may lead to Rome, but this forum always leads to Fractal Audio :rofl
Donald Duck GIF

Last edited:
Honestly, if something is going on with your sinuses such that you are having trouble hearing your unplugged electric guitar, I’d be worried about shifting to headphone use without a doctor’s advice. Might be a quick way to do some damage to your hearing without bowing it since your ability to recognize actual volume seems compromised?

Honestly, if something is going on with your sinuses such that you are having trouble hearing your unplugged electric guitar, I’d be worried about shifting to headphone use without a doctor’s advice. Might be a quick way to do some damage to your hearing without bowing it since your ability to recognize actual volume seems compromised?

It's not volume. I have a dB meter in my room and can keep an eye on that. It's certain frequencies are gone so I'm having to EQ the hell out of the bass to get it out of the way and then bump up a couple higher mid bands to help. The Empress para-EQ is a God send right now.

It's not volume. I have a dB meter in my room and can keep an eye on that. It's certain frequencies are gone so I'm having to EQ the hell out of the bass to get it out of the way and then bump up a couple higher mid bands to help. The Empress para-EQ is a God send right now.
If you are cutting bass and boosting other frequencies…I’d be worried about whether you can trust that dB meter in terms of damage to your hearing? It all sounds more like a recipe to put the guitar down and get things sorted with a doc rather than try to fix the thing with gear ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you are cutting bass and boosting other frequencies…I’d be worried about whether you can trust that dB meter in terms of damage to your hearing? It all sounds more like a recipe to put the guitar down and get things sorted with a doc rather than try to fix the thing with gear ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe can't trust the dB meter but the wife meter in the next room was just recently calibrated. She's keeping an ear out for me - pun intended.

I assume every modeler out there comes with a good HP out.

I recently got me a Boss Podcaster, at least in the EU those seem to be dumped for ultra low pricing…230,-
It’s got GT1000 modeling and efx, so it sounds really good…and super practical for headphone playing cause it’s also an audio interface / Bluetooth hub for your phone/pad.
So…daw/pc/phone audio under a fader at your desk.

Higly recommended…even at retail price…but if you can snag one at eu prices…no brainer imho.
…I was tempted to get a 2nd one so I could leave one at my studio desk…the other in the living/in my gigbag for small gigs..

Back