Decent comparison between the 100W EVH Amps

MirrorProfiles

Shredder

Mendel is a good and talented guy who I remember from the Andy Sneap forum days (nuts how much of a hotbed that place was).

This does a solid job of showing how each of the amps differs. Think I like the 6L6 Stealth best but they’re all cool and would work for certain things

Possibly the greatest amp series of all time

The Best Goat GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Stealth 6L6 clean channel is basically a crunch channel, but it sounds great like that. EL34 clean channel sounds like it needs a bit of gain to smooth the brightness out. OG clean is fairly well dialled in IMO, does clean and crunch.

OG blue channel has too little gain, even maxed out. It’s nice with a boost though, but the others have decent tones with or without boost. It’s also more honky already so if you’re boosting you have more mids to dial out. EL34 has a cool slight twang to it. Stealth=money.

Less in the red channels but Stealth 6L6 wins again. Tighter and less muddy than EL34, more aggressive and sounds like the picking is harder than the other 2.

You’d have to have something seriously wrong with you to buy ANY 5150 for the clean channel, therefore Stealth 6L6 is the winner 😈

Do you have the Stealth? To be more precise; the 50 watter?
IMO boosted the white one has more clarity and harmonics.

I do really like both but the 100 watt white surprised me. I had the original 50 watt and didn't like it as it didn't take boosts like I wanted.

A test clip of the 100 watt white head boosted with a Fortin Blade:

This is the blue channel.

Last edited:
Back