Choices…choices..rambling

AFKAEjay

Roadie
I just packed my Egnater rebel 30 cause I sold it. Has been my most used gigging amp for a while…great little combo.
But..to me owning 4 combo’s is too much (and 2 tube poweramps, 3 cabs, 2 preamps, 2 modelers, 1 head)…the amount of gear starts to annoy me.
The 3 remaining combos are a boogie express 25, blackstar stjames and a fender superchampx2.

The rebel had to go cause it lacks a mastervolume after the return, and doesn’t have digital cabsims. (I play stereo, makes it hard to balance the 2 amps)
The decision does leave a little devil on my shoulder: did I just sell my best sounding amp?

At home the boogie wins…but to me proof of the pudding is at the gig. But…not enough gigs where I actually bring an amp to do the comparison.
So…I stick to my strategy…I want amps with digital cabsims..makes life easier. Also..I want the amount of unused gear to be minimal.

Somewhere in time the boogie is gonna be replaced. If I had to do it today, I’d be looking at REVV 25, D20, Hook Wizard. But..for now I’ll deal with hooking up a cabm+ to accommodate the cabsim ;) I’d be spending a lot of cash to fix a minor thing that occurs only a couple of times a year. At home I play through a poweramp and cabs anyway..so no win on a day to day basis in that department. I’m trying to stick to what I got until the gigging calendar fills up…or something irresistible hits the market ;)

Amps with a good helping of digital assistance is 100% the way to go. I have gotten better are being good with keeping things as of late. If I ever run into one of those BS combos for $800 used; I will have one of those as well. I think the next round of digital assimilation and feature set into tube amps is going to be a huge leap.

On a related note; don't think I haven't thought of adding a Two Notes to fix my FOH feed "problem"
:bag
7nihlf.jpg

Amps with a good helping of digital assistance is 100% the way to go. I have gotten better are being good with keeping things as of late. If I ever run into one of those BS combos for $800 used; I will have one of those as well. I think the next round of digital assimilation and feature set into tube amps is going to be a huge leap.

This is true, 2 Mesas and an FM9…..when you leave the room your other gear starts telling them “Don’t get comfortable, bitches”

Bb24 GIF by Big Brother

Back