Celestion F12 X200 Cab plans (w/imperial conversion)

I've been thinking about making one of these (my brother is a master of all things made of wood) this summer, so I added conversion to inches. Here it is if anyone wants it. Obviously, some of these measurements don't come out to neat and tidy figures. But I figure close enough is close enough. (Just don't tell Jay)...

F12-X200-Cab-(imperial).jpg

It won't matter. The woofer's Thiele-Small parameters are not suitable for use in a ported enclosure.
So you’re saying that the enclosure design that’s specifically made for the Celestion F12-200 by the manufacturer that actually makes the driver doesn’t matter?

That’s literally THEIR enclosure design for THEIR driver.

I've been thinking about making one of these (my brother is a master of all things made of wood) this summer, so I added conversion to inches. Here it is if anyone wants it. Obviously, some of these measurements don't come out to neat and tidy figures. But I figure close enough is close enough. (Just don't tell Jay)...

View attachment 18315

F.w.i.w ....... I had this exact same Celestion Spec'd enclosure custom built for me nearly 2 years ago for my F12-X200 Speaker and it is paired with my Matrix GT800 and my [now] Kemper ..... it was/is so good that the other guitarist did the same ... and as a result we moved each of our CLR's to F.O.H Duties with an added a sub-woofer

Far and away the best live-modeller-based guitars sounds we have ever had !

Ben

I believe Jay knows what he is talking about. However, I built the cabinet and it sounds good. I liked it better in that Celestion designed cab than when I had it in a Mesa Theile cab. So maybe the design technically doesn’t improve the performance the way a ported application should but it doesn’t seem to hurt it at all either.
plugging the port doesn’t seem to wreck the way it sounds. It just kind of alters the bass a little. I know I bought enough of the wood with intentions to build two but never bothered to start on the second one.

I don’t think the F12-X200 sounds really good for strictly guitar amp simulations regardless of what cab I put it in compared to the Fender option or the Kemper option and even the other Celestion option, the F12M-150. For guitar synth and straight up guitar amp sounds blended it is good, but then you can blend those two things through any speaker and arrive at something useful so I give it a 3 on a scale of 1 to 5.

Agreed. I just figured if anyone here was thinking of building one, it might save them some time converting the numbers.

I built a Tardis from (metric) plans last summer and didn't want to go through the hassle of converting everything, so I picked up a cheap metric aluminum ruler from Harbor Freight. After doing that project, I never want to use the imperial system for woodworking again. Using millimeters is so much more intuitive.

Back