Catalinbread Foundation Series???

Achilles

Rock Star
Look to be pre-amp pedals modeled after very specific amp tones. Anyone tried one or more of these?

top row: 3 Marshalls and an Ampeg
middle: Early Marshall Page, Iommi treble boost into a Laney, 2 Fenders
bottom: Fender and Vox

1713225395630.png

I've owned them all at one time or another. :sofa

I only own the RAH at the present time.

Any specific queries? :idk

it's all jfet clipping, kind of stiff, the DLS ones and the 5F6 have a switch inside to switch the circuit to super bass or super lead, and there's a presence trim pot.

the only one that actually rips like the amp is the SFT one, you drop the bass and boost it and it rips like crazy, if you do the same thing with the DLS or fender ones the input just folds up. they are great to make any amp 'feel' like something else. but for the price u get a lot more gain and eq range mileage out of joyo american/british/California/AC/Oxford sound @ 40 bucks each. the EQ on them are extremely powerful. the voicing knob is a pre gain EQ+saturation sweep each pedal is fully variable, highly recommend checking them out. British and American are most versatile

Probably most peaked over the Fenders. I have a great MIAB - PAL800 v3 by PedalPal.
Still searching for the right FIAB.

In that realm I think it is hard to beat the Lovepedal Super Six Grey/Gold Ghost. It's
modeled on a Super Reverb turned up to 6. Fucking killer and stacks well.

Personally, I would not go for the CB Fender offerings. I think they shine with the
Ampeg SVT and the Hi Watt RAH pedals--which are not often seen in the wild.
They take pedals well in front of them, too.

Also, the Dirty Little Secret has an internal dipswitch to change it from a Superlead
to a Superbass. Stacking a Fuzzface into that set to Superbass is :chef

As for a Fender Tweed offering this is about as good as it gets in my experience.

I own a '68 Super Reverb. Just sayin'. The drive/clipping and the feel are fairly spot on.

The Wampler '65 is also really good. A lot more scooped in the mids and more brittle
on top than the Lovepedal, but still a good high-headroom Fender approximation.

I think it's important that a Foundation Drive be able to take other pedals being
in front and feeding it well. No buffer issues or any of that other nonsense. :LOL:

Back