Cab filled with… cotton (edit:fiberglass?)??? Is this normal??

spawnofthesith

Rock Star
TGF Recording Artist
Some of you may have heard me prattling on and on about this Madison 2x12, I kinda convinced myself to keep it and replace the speakers rather than dump it for a Mesa 2x12 (and leave it at my drummers house for practice)

I just pulled out the speakers to list and sell and much to my surprise… the cab was filled with cotton? Wtf ? Is this normal?

7068A2B6-770A-4A0C-8BA2-EB86EBC963DD.jpeg

Put the grill back on because my cats would lose their minds in ecstacy over this :ROFLMAO:

Gut reaction is that this is fuckin whack and I should go back to my Mesa plan lol but I’m also an uneducated idiot so don’t know what this is

Last edited:
I started googling and thought for second maybe it was fiberglass at first but I think it’s legit fucking cotton? Wtf :wat :columbo

Just for comparison
View attachment 30958

Kind of DIY ish to me....but it was the 80s

See, my cats wouldn't want to sleep in there :LOL:

I ordered the Mesa, the madison is now a cat cabin/plant stand

The T75s are for sale

Madison was an early 2000's company that had some HCAF buzz... they claimed the amps were boutique made in the USA but were actually chinese TSL clones prone to failure and some wild stuff like duct tape inside the amps and knobs that weren't wired to anything in the circuit :LOL:

This cab served me well for plenty of gigs but with each new cabinet I've gotten I've cared for it less and less. It also only cost me $150 which was a no brainer just for the speakers. Even though I don't really like T75s that much lol

The T75s are for sale

Madison was an early 2000's company that had some HCAF buzz... they claimed the amps were boutique made in the USA but were actually chinese TSL clones prone to failure and some wild stuff like duct tape inside the amps and knobs that weren't wired to anything in the circuit :LOL:

This cab served me well for plenty of gigs but with each new cabinet I've gotten I've cared for it less and less. It also only cost me $150 which was a no brainer just for the speakers. Even though I don't really like T75s that much lol
Cool......

Never heard of the company or that take .... flipping silly af though.....duct tape?!?😝

I think sometimes the cabs get over thought.....you can do some neat things by manipulating the pressure levels in the cab, if the speaker can take it ....but from my experience, as long as it doesn't rattle or vibrate unnecessarily, and is closed back, I'm happy.

hope your cat enjoys the new pad !!😝

The T75s are for sale

I didn't know they were TSL clones? What a complex amp to choose to rip off :ROFLMAO: I do remember the duct tape! Good call on the new Mesa cab \m/

Cool......

Never heard of the company or that take .... flipping silly af though.....duct tape?!?😝

I think sometimes the cabs get over thought.....you can do some neat things by manipulating the pressure levels in the cab, if the speaker can take it ....but from my experience, as long as it doesn't rattle or vibrate unnecessarily, and is closed back, I'm happy.

hope your cat enjoys the new pad !!😝

GC has one of their heads for $279 lol

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/I...nity-I-100W-Tube-Guitar-Amp-Head-114436245.gc

Back