Boss SL-2 Slicer

Maya Rudolph No GIF by Saturday Night Live

This is an easy pass for me personally. I can see into the future with this pedal, and it involves me realizing I’ve spent an hour dialing in a bird chirping effect that would never fit into anything I actually play, and then selling it for 50% of the cost, all for the privilege of that experience.

Last edited:
This is an easy pass for me personally. I can see into the future with this pedal, and it involves me realizing I’ve spent an hour dialing in a bird chirping effect that would never fit into anything I actually play, and then selling it for 50% of the cost, for the privilege of that experience.
Yep...I foresee these flooding the used market rather quickly

This is an easy pass for me personally. I can see into the future with this pedal, and it involves me realizing I’ve spent an hour dialing in a bird chirping effect that would never fit into anything I actually play, and then selling it for 50% of the cost, for the privilege of that experience.
Ha! So true.

It sounded neat, but I can’t help but think it’s just a novelty. (Or at least would be for me…just like you said.)

I really hope the FM9 does the Slicer thing. Like...really hope.

The FM9 is a lazy 3 and 1/2 grand in Australia so I'm expecting not only stellar tones and effects...I seek enlightenment!

I really hope the FM9 does the Slicer thing. Like...really hope.

The FM9 is a lazy 3 and 1/2 grand in Australia so I'm expecting not only stellar tones and effects...I seek enlightenment!

The sequencer, ADSR and envelope modifiers attached to vol/pan blocks or the trem will get you there, but it's more involved than the boss "twist a knob, get a cool sound" thing.

The sequencer, ADSR and envelope modifiers attached to vol/pan blocks or the trem will get you there, but it's more involved than the boss "twist a knob, get a cool sound" thing.
Thanks mate. I've got the SL-20 but when the FM9 arrives the plan is no other pedals or attachments. Just it, a lead and a gat. And whatever modicum of technique and/or talent I possess.

Back