Boss GT1000 Tone Studio connection issue/Cannot back up patches

guitron46

Boss GT1000 Tone Studio connection to my GT1000 pedalboard issue. I need to back up my patches before I can update to the latest firmware, but I keep getting connection failure message. I'm not sure what is going on. Has anyone dealt with this before? BTW, I do have Internet access.

Hey guys, this is actually my uncle Ron, the man who gave me my first guitar, taught me how to play it, put EJ's Total Electric Guitar in my hands and said "Learn everything you can", brought me to the first G3 tour and then didn't kill me when I abused a bunch of his gear in high school and the dude who regularly whoops my ass when he plays around me!

Any help is appreciated!

Welcome, Drew's uncle \m/

Its been a bit for the GT1000 with me. Are you doing it via Bluetooth? If so; I'd switch to a USB connection with a working cable.

That is exactly how I am doing it. Directly with a USB cable connecting the computer to the unit. Somehow it seems to work just enough to recognize that I need an upgrade to the latest firmware, but yet I can't get it to backup my files so that I can do just that. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I am no computer guy just an old man with frustration.

That stinks. Can you skip the fw update process and go into the editor? Boss doesn't usually really change much of anything so i am betting your sounds won't change. @gumtown maybe?

That is exactly how I am doing it. Directly with a USB cable connecting the computer to the unit. Somehow it seems to work just enough to recognize that I need an upgrade to the latest firmware, but yet I can't get it to backup my files so that I can do just that. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I am no computer guy just an old man with frustration.
By "backup" do you mean a dedicated backup choice in the editor? Sorry, its been a while since I was using one.
If thats the case can you just copy the live set to an empty slot? If the 'copy live set' is the function you were attempting then im out of ideas other than install the software on another device and make a back up there...

By "backup" do you mean a dedicated backup choice in the editor? Sorry, its been a while since I was using one.
If thats the case can you just copy the live set to an empty slot? If the 'copy live set' is the function you were attempting then im out of ideas other than install the software on another device and make a back up there...
Yeah I don't recall Boss doing a fw check up front when you start the editor. I'd have to be in front of it to see what it's doing.

That is exactly how I am doing it. Directly with a USB cable connecting the computer to the unit. Somehow it seems to work just enough to recognize that I need an upgrade to the latest firmware, but yet I can't get it to backup my files so that I can do just that. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I am no computer guy just an old man with frustration

I'm not exactly sure what method it takes to do this, but I have patches that I built from scratch. I need to find a way to back them up. Temporarily until I update. I've never used the Editor before so I don't even know how it is supposed to behave. I do keep getting a message at every attempt. When I open the Editor, I choose the device to connect with, the the next message says I'm using an old version, update to the latest version. However, I do know if I do this at this stage, I will lose my patches. So I click OK to move past the message, then another message basically telling me that the unit and the PC is not connected. That's as far as I get . Should I uninstall everything and start over?

I read this post, and figured I better back my GT1000-CORE up and went into MENU on the software, chose ALL DATA BACKUP and then TO FILE, and it took maybe 20-30 minutes and worked fine. The 1st time it ended up with "Communication Error" as I believe my screensaver came on, or computer went to sleep as it took so long. . . The 2nd time it worked perfectly as I just surfed on the web while it was going on. I'm on a 2012 MacBookPro

I'm not exactly sure what method it takes to do this, but I have patches that I built from scratch. I need to find a way to back them up. Temporarily until I update. I've never used the Editor before so I don't even know how it is supposed to behave. I do keep getting a message at every attempt. When I open the Editor, I choose the device to connect with, the the next message says I'm using an old version, update to the latest version. However, I do know if I do this at this stage, I will lose my patches. So I click OK to move past the message, then another message basically telling me that the unit and the PC is not connected. That's as far as I get . Should I uninstall everything and start over?

I'm almost wondering if you need to use an older version of the editor (If that exists) . .Based on what you're saying here that could be the case. i.e. the newer version of the editor isn't communicating with your older version of firmware. If you're on a MAC, read my other post though, as it worked fine for me. I'm on Version 3.20.2 on the Tone STudio Editor software, and Version 1.10 on the Gt1000-core

Back