BluGuitar Amp X

This Yamaha amp sounded soooooo good. Too bad it kind of missed whatever imaginary mark for whatever reason.
Yeah. All it needed was a volume control for the boost, MIDI support, mono sum for line out (instead of per channel line out), better reverb and a more powerful poweramp.

It's designed to be a replacement for a pedalboard. If Blug has been using pedals + Amp 1 now, Amp X will bundle all that into one, even smaller setup.

I think that's different from e.g amp heads having built in effects, often more as a convenience rather than something trying to challenge or replicate pedals.

For me it comes down to whether I like how they sound and if they are convenient to work with. I feel like I already have most of the Amp X by having an Amp 1 + pedals, it's just significantly larger. My pedalboard is roughly the size of something like 3 Amp X units if two are horizontal and one vertical.
I'm still not convinced. And I think those switches are gross. They're like the Roland/Boss old GT/G switches. Pass. ESPECIALLY at $2k.

Bring back the DG-1000 with a kickass stereo power am!
1690475030783.png

I'm still not convinced. And I think those switches are gross. They're like the Roland/Boss old GT/G switches. Pass. ESPECIALLY at $2k.
The switches are my favorite type. They are as easy to press with your foot as they are to use with your hands. Never had a single issue, but they can be pulled out and replaced easily if needed.

I want a small head with a tube preamp, into a 12BH7 power amp section that goes into a small reactive load, and is reamped by a class D power amp, with no built-in effects.

I'm still on the prowl for an Amp 1 Iridium at a good price, because I still think they make a great-sounding product.

It's designed to be a replacement for a pedalboard. If Blug has been using pedals + Amp 1 now, Amp X will bundle all that into one, even smaller setup.

The cool thing about this is it seems he is trying to create his own ultimate personal device. The downside seems to be that he is trying to create his own ultimate personal device. :ROFLMAO:

What were the dumb ideas? I’ve always been mildly interested in this thing, but never even reached “listening to demos” status with it.
No volume control on the booster meant it would always significantly increase volume. It also wasn't the loudest amp out there and the footswitch couldn't maintain state after power off. No MIDI support.

It’s still not coming out
It will be at NAMM but will not be released until Blug is 100% happy , he has said he hopes this year

Latest from BluGuitar's livestream. Not a whole lot of new things learned.
  • They are looking for more high gain amps like a good 5150 to add to the Amp X as a proof of concept on top of what the Iridium models do. One guy in chat offered to bring a Wizard, Mezzabarba Eric Steckel and Gower modded Marshall 1959HW to BluGuitar to model. Hopefully that happens!
  • They seem to have some new cabinet related products in the pipeline that are meant to expand the lineup. No more info about these, but definitely interested considering how much I like the Nanocab.
  • Amp X has an internal impedance curve for silent use and to match the behavior of the poweramp in the line outs.
  • You can program multiple cycleable settings on the footswitches.
Amp X vs vintage JTM-45:

Vox AC30 (or is it...):

Fender Tweed Deluxe:

Amp X Marshall JMP 1987 model:

Amp X model of the H&K Replex in front of the amp:

Back