Blackstar Silverline Series

krankenstein

Groupie
Anyone who's been using or had used before?

I got it 2 years ago, had big expectations (tvp were highly praised) for chugging but in the end it was a big disappointment. Now I'm selling it half price but no one is buying lol.

Cleans and FX are good, it has many features yet it's not for me. Sounds too artificial when operates high gain, needs push at od1 channel and od2 is quite dark and boring.

I got it for headphone using too, but guitar is too loud while aux in is too quiet. Totally useless.

In general amp sounds like covered with blanket, very boxy ( 50watt, v type speakers ).

New goes around 550 Euros in Europe, more in the US. I got it cheaper so I'd never give that much money to this. But still I'm wondering if I'm doing something very wrong or is it just nuts?

I had the Blackstar ID:Core 100 which I know is a bit different, but does have some similarities. I find the Blackstar modeling to be usable but not inspiring. However, my amp took pedals well which really helped.
Also, the models in my amp definitely had sweet spots where they were noticeably better. So unlike something like the Catalyst, it was hard to dial in a perfect tone for playing loud and quiet.

I had the Blackstar ID:Core 100 which I know is a bit different, but does have some similarities. I find the Blackstar modeling to be usable but not inspiring. However, my amp took pedals well which really helped.
Also, the models in my amp definitely had sweet spots where they were noticeably better. So unlike something like the Catalyst, it was hard to dial in a perfect tone for playing loud and quiet.
Yes hard to dial in, especially mid and presence are hidden (tap + isf is mid and tap+ treble is presence). I found the amp somehow usefull with od1+ts9 pedal. Then it was giving me decent thrash tones.

Wish had small Id core or fly3 instead.
Ht1r at least had very good headphone emulation.

Edit: mid and presence are hidden in 20 and 50 watts versions.

Had the Silverline Deluxe 100 watt combo. Thought it had some ok sounds, but hated the downward facing rear panel inputs. Having to tilt the amp to see where I was plugging stuff in.
Tended to use my ID100TVP head and Marshall 1936 cab more, so the Silverline had to go.
IMG_20220712_123811~2.jpg

Last edited:
Had the Silverline Deluxe 100 watt combo. Thought it had some ok sounds, but hated the downward facing rear panel inputs. Having to tilt the amp to see where I was plugging stuff in.
Tended to use my ID100TVP head and Marshall 1936 cab more, so the Silverline had to go.View attachment 9741

I'm sure I'd like the head version more with the 4x12 marshall cab. Also maybe I had more expectations from her, like solid 6l6 or el34 tones. In the end it's just replica. And it doesn't metal that much. Otherwise when I just plug the guitar for fun it is surprisingly giving me joys.

Back