Big (and small) old kitties.

Back to cat-loving. Or in this case... a love that could not last.

Did anyone ever have a cat that they couldn't handle?

We had one for a while that was a very feisty breed and a rapidly growing energetic kitten. No matter what we did, we couldn't get him to sleep or stop wanting to act crazy and hyper all day and all night. We couldn't sleep either and started losing it. Here he is, the little rascal:

sprouts-2.jpeg

Last edited:
Sounds like you'd do best adopting an older cat (6+ years.) They get much more chill after that. A healthy kitten is not what you want - they're supposed to be insane. :D

Agree! But I swear... this was more than just average kittenhood. Anyways - failed at floofball parenting here.

I was cooking last night, and heard a noise that sounded like a tree came crashing down on the front porch. Scared TF out of me!! I go to look, and there's my cat looking all, "Whatchyoo lookin at?!" I have no idea what he did to make that sound, but he regularly jumps into the sliding glass door at night, seeing his reflection. Then he just struts away, as if to say, "Yeah, I knew that was me," only to forget and do it again the next night.

Here's a couple that just showed up with their momma within the last week and made our shed their home.

IMG_20221116_092209100~2.jpg

IMG_20221116_085954540~2.jpg

It was on the 20s last night so I brought out some hot towels and warm tuna. The grey and white one jetted when I got close to the shed. The striped one was in the box my wife setup for them. Momma was no where to be found.

Anyway, it's getting too cold for them so luckily we found someone to take them today, sans momma. She wasn't around. Hopefully she comes back and we can catch her for the woman that took the kittens.

So glad we found a home for them.

I've created a little beggar.
Had some chicken the other night, so I broke off a few small pieces and fed him, then last night gave him some of my ham. Now he's like a dog, reaching up to me whenever I'm eating.
That didn't take long.

My newest rescue is doing great.

View attachment 2310

My little one has not been doing well. She has some kind of intestinal problem. She's been at the Vets for 2 days now receiving medical drips and hydration. They said she ate today and was playing. It was touch and go for awhile I guess Monday night. Wife is picking her up on the way home and we most likely will have to put her on a special diet for the foreseeable future. I just hope beyond hope this isn't the beginning of something terminal. Vet doesn't think it is but she's so young to have IBD.

I have bonded so strongly with her because I work at home and she spends 90% of her day with me. I'm a mess right now.

She's home now. Doing better for sure. Still having spells of lethargy and refusing food. Hoping we can manage this for her and help her have a good life. We found a couple Vets a couple towns over that specialize in GI problems for animals so we are going to set something up soon for a visit after she heals some and gets some rest.

"Then she got the spray bottle." LMAOView attachment 2180
Someone say something about cats always giving us a laugh...?

I just broke the high e, and as I'm pulling it off, my guy comes over, all interested in it. So I start waving it at him, and he goes NUTS! All up on his hind legs, trying to grab it, and his motor's running louder than ever!

So I wind it up and play with him for a while, but the lil fucker is fast! It's a good thing he was having trouble seeing it, and that his aim is really good, or else I'm pretty sure I'd be bleeding right now. He grabbed it out of my hands a few times before I threw it away. But now he's all watching me put the new one on, all intent on grabbing something shiny.

Funny shit!

Someone say something about cats always giving us a laugh...?

I just broke the high e, and as I'm pulling it off, my guy comes over, all interested in it. So I start waving it at him, and he goes NUTS! All up on his hind legs, trying to grab it, and his motor's running louder than ever!

So I wind it up and play with him for a while, but the lil f****r is fast! It's a good thing he was having trouble seeing it, and that his aim is really good, or else I'm pretty sure I'd be bleeding right now. He grabbed it out of my hands a few times before I threw it away. But now he's all watching me put the new one on, all intent on grabbing something shiny.

Funny s**t!
I think you might need to worry when in the middle of the night you start hearing acoustic versions of Dream Theater songs being played in your music room. Or at least the cat interpretation of them.

Back