Best wireless guitar options that don't break the bank?

Similar experience with the Boss WL-50. The closer you are to other wireless transmitters, the stronger their signal, ... or the more of them there are, the worse it gets for any wireless device.

Systems that can better tolerate this use multiple antennas and frequencies usually with extra cost, power, and/or latency.
Meanwhile with the Boss WL-20L I've been able to walk to the other end of my 63 square meter apartment and no dropouts. Even a WiFi router and several walls in the way.

Lekato just showed up. We'll see how it goes :unsure: Hoping to not have to pivot to the new Shure GLX and boot myself out of this thread :oops:

Annnnnd now in seeing the pricetag for GLX+; maybe a $10 Hosa extension cable is the smarter move :rofl

Yes. It's going back because it doesn't fit in the Ibby V without goldilocks positioning:(
oof, yeah I need an extension for my Ibanez S series too. I actually had to make the barrel jack stick out just a little more to get my G10 bug to fit.

• 100%
Reactions: JT
oof, yeah I need an extension for my Ibanez S series too. I actually had to make the barrel jack stick out just a little more to get my G10 bug to fit.
I am on the fence about it. Dumb economics be damned. The extender will require me to carry spares and 1st world problem blah blah blah. I'm going to think it over a bit :unsure:

I will say, the Lekatos just work, so I’m not sure the price difference between those and say, the Shure will be worth it, in the end.

• 100%
Reactions: JT
Got the Lekatos a few days ago. Have only ran them through the VII which is a hair noisier because fucktons of gain and engaged EQ. But they are pretty righteous! I had to grab an extender cable and I am not quite liking that added dongle (lolwut) in the proceedings but I dig it. Jury's still out whether I dual cable it with the new synth or use the Lekato for regular guitar chain.

Got sick and tired of my cable wrapping around every other cable in the house so picked up a set of the Lekato 5.8 wireless units. Worked great right out of the box. Don't hear any big change in tone and don't feel any noticeable latency. Amazed a $50 no name wireless unit off Amazon had a good first impression, hopefully it holds up!

I have a Lekato wireless pair (don’t know if they’re the same) and it does work great. The only thing I’ll say is that don’t use it and then have the battery run out of juice on the transmitter. When that happened to me, I got the most excruciating feedback and had to run over to turn the amp off. I don’t know why that happened but I’m back to using cables.

Got sick and tired of my cable wrapping around every other cable in the house so picked up a set of the Lekato 5.8 wireless units. Worked great right out of the box. Don't hear any big change in tone and don't feel any noticeable latency. Amazed a $50 no name wireless unit off Amazon had a good first impression, hopefully it holds up!
I've been gigging mine for a couple of years now, they are still flawless, so that should tell you something.

My personal opinion is you get what you pay for. I have run wireless for decades. I have also mixed plenty of live shows with many wireless units on the same stage all running at the same time. I have had and seen plenty of issues with cheap units. I live in an area where there is wireless interference in about every place I have played. I have had no real issues. I will only buy wireless units from two companies, Shure and Sennheiser. I use them both. I have analog and digital units. I have never regretted spending more money and buying a better unit. There is a reason that big touring acts use these brands. If you are playing in less congested areas you can probably get away with cheaper units. This is one are of gear I feel that you get much better performance for paying a bit more.

Used my Lakatos several times now on only one charge. Probably have about ten hours on em now and they’re still going. Sound great, too.

Used my Lakatos several times now on only one charge. Probably have about ten hours on em now and they’re still going. Sound great, too.
Don't wireless systems introduce more noise and interference?

Back