Best pickups for modern Rock

Ya the Fortitude sounds like it might be the closest to BKP clarity , I will probably do something stupid in the neck
Like a Fralin or a Duckbucker
I basically want to be able to play post grunge rock and Bro country

I'm one of the few people who's probably actually had the Fortitude and compared to the 36th PAF. It's a little more low end and a little bit of a mid scoop but subtle. It's still very much in the PAF range so I wouldn't consider it a modern hot pickup at all. In my guitars it didn't work but it's still a good pickup.

Only BKP I've tried was Mules and True Grit bridge. The Mules were awesome but I didn't find them better than Suhrs which are a lot cheaper in the US. True Grit was fine, nothing special to me.

So you're doing HH Tele, what controls? I'm thinking something like a 5 way super switch would be cool, and then you can do inner coils vs outer coils as part of the switching. Master volume and tone.

Suhr Aldrich. It’s a straight up rock pickup, pretty hot but not in a way that kills dynamics and it’s beefy AF.

Suhr Aldrich. It’s a straight up rock pickup, pretty hot but not in a way that kills dynamics and it’s beefy AF.

I really want to try the SSH+ at some point. Reportedly, the Aldrich is a 10% overwind of the SSH+ which is the Suhr kinda somewhat version of the JB. I think Suhr must use slightly degaussed magnets or something a little different in general to help with the dynamics.

Another option is the 3rd Power magfrag
That interesting too as it is an
Alnico 2 , 4 and 5 in the same pickup the theory is each set of strings is better matched with a different magnet

I’ve wanted to try the Polymath’s. I was initially going to get a set for my LP but after finding out about the middle position trick I’ve nixed that.

I have an Ibby with BKP Aftermaths in it. Lot o’ mids and a lot o’ output.

I’m actually landing where I don’t want an uber-high output pickup anymore. With OD’s and most modern amps, nobody is lost for gain anymore, so most of these high output pickups just make your guitar less versatile imo.

I’ve wanted to try the Polymath’s. I was initially going to get a set for my LP but after finding out about the middle position trick I’ve nixed that.

I’m actually landing where I don’t want an uber-high output pickup anymore. With OD’s and most modern amps, nobody is lost for gain anymore, so most of these high output pickups just make your guitar less versatile imo.
That’s a very valid point and why I was looking at the Fortitudes I think they run 9k
But no one would every accuse Gojira or being light on gains

The polymaths I believe are a bit lower than many of the BKP , I think 11.5 of something where as Silo Nailbomb Rebel yell are
14 -15 k range

Bare Knuckles get really good feedback from actual users
Meaning not Rhett Shill

:grin
massaad-rabea-image.jpg

Truth! Can always add more assists to ratchet up the gain and compression, as you say.
Conversely, it is nigh unto impossible to tame an overly hot pickup and get it to whisper
without a loss of dynamics and thinning it in some kind of ridiculous way. :idk

That’s a very valid point and why I was looking at the Fortitudes I think they run 9k
But no one would every accuse Gojira or being light on gains

The polymaths I believe are a bit lower than many of the BKP , I think 11.5 of something where as Silo Nailbomb Rebel yell are
14 -15 k range

If you give the Polymaths a punt I’d be curious to hear how you get on with them. They’ve piqued my curiosity a few times.

If you give the Polymaths a punt I’d be curious to hear how you get on with them. They’ve piqued my curiosity a few times.
For sure I will let you know how they work out if I go that route
Without the etched casing and a single bridge pickup w no custom options if is about
$280 CAD so more $$$ than a fortitude for sure but not too bad BKP will do free worldwide shipping to so that’s a plus

For sure I will let you know how they work out if I go that route
Without the etched casing and a single bridge pickup w no custom options if is about
$280 CAD so more $$$ than a fortitude for sure but not too bad BKP will do free worldwide shipping to so that’s a plus

$280 is not bad, for some reason I thought those jokers were like $450+

:unsure:

Back