BEST 3 PEDALS OF 2022?

Two notes Revolt, Blackstar Dept.10 Dual Drive, and one of IK Multimedia’s X-Pedals (Space/Reverb, Time/Delay, Vibe/Modulation and Dive/OD, Dist, Fuzz, Boost, noise gate, compressor, cab sim, eq, etc.)

All seriously powerful, programable and with great tone. All ready for live, DAW, direct, headphones, studio monitors or USB audio interfacing (except for Revolt). Flexible Tone and how each can be applied.

If nothing else, A/B the Revolt and Blackstar DD. The small cost of shipping if you elect to return one/them is worth the experience, what you’ll learn from these products and how you prefer to program/interface them. Try the amp/drives then settle on a few and then move on to time, space or vibe according to your needs. I use what studio headphones suit me and am reasonably confident they are close enough to lay down a track. Mix and mastering can tuck away most well played tracks IMO.

I had been considering buying it for a long time, was hoping to find it used. A local store was selling one for a good price on Black Friday so I finally bit the bullet.

It's really good! It's not the pedal for people who want "this is a chorus, this is a phaser" type preset effects, it's a "uh...this is something between a flanger and chorus" where it gets a bit hard to say what it is but it sounds real good.

I think it being billed as a phaser is quite deceptive because in reality it's a multi-modulation playground. Like the Nightsky, it's definitely not a "turn it on and you are done" pedal, it has a learning curve.

Both sides can do a lot. There's phaser, flanger and chorus on the 6-stage side by varying the knobs and switch, especially the voice. There are some settings on the near max voice knob settings where it gets kind of "seasick" sounding wobble but a few tweaks can tame that to a rather lush chorus sound.

The 4-stage side offers phaser, vibrato and autowah type effects. You can control how "phasery" the autowah sounds and the vibrato can be made to be almost tremolo-ish.

As always, Strymon's in-depth videos on YT are well worth a watch to see Walter White Pete Celi himself explain it.

Yeah that’s what makes me interested to try it… what it’s not explicitly advertised for. I originally bought a Deco for the tape saturation, and ended up falling in love with the epic chorus/flanger in it, and never used the tape saturation side of the pedal. lol

That’s what makes me curious about Zelzah, maybe liking the chorus/flanger/vibrato type effects in it, despite not really being a huge phaser guy.

For me, my favourite acquisitions this year were TC Electronic Flashback X4 II, Eventide H90, and Boss SD-1 Wazacraft.

Yeah that’s what makes me interested to try it… what it’s not explicitly advertised for. I originally bought a Deco for the tape saturation, and ended up falling in love with the epic chorus/flanger in it, and never used the tape saturation side of the pedal. lol

That’s what makes me curious about Zelzah, maybe liking the chorus/flanger/vibrato type effects in it, despite not really being a huge phaser guy.
I went in with the exact same idea. I have gotten to enjoy phasers more with it though. The 6-stage side is more often set up as a chorus or flanger though.

Back