Before There Was Autotune..., Eagles Harmonies Were Incredible

I fucking love The Eagles.

For some reason, their particular harmonies have always had a big emotional impact on me, ever since I was a kid. It’s pure joy when I hear them. Don Henley’s voice is fucking perfect. Before I die, I want to be able to sing one line as subtle and impactful as that dude can. When that documentary came out a few years back I think I watched it 5x in the first week.

I’d love nothing more to be in a situation where I could do this with a group of people-

I need to watch this. After I sleep for a couple of days. Or do the Drew method and
watch it while I sleep so it is totally absorbed into my subconscious mind. :LOL:

I was lucky to play with a group of guys (5 piece) were everyone sang. We ended up
doing Seven Bridges Road live a few times, and than going into Take It Easy. We'd
rehearse it like a MOFO right before the gig, because you are all so naked busting
that out Acapella like that.

What a band! What a legacy! You have those songs, the players, the harmonies, and
then arguably the most recognizable Guitar Solo in Rock Music History. :chef

Hey Zeus Fukkerin Christine, don't get me started on autotune.

Who Is That Jeremy Renner GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Could make a strong argument fort Fleetwood Mac and The Beatles. Hell, Yes had some
AMAZING harmonies/vocals, too. :idk
While I agree those are also good, I think the Eagles is still at the top of that list. I would rank those in this order.

The Eagles
Fleetwood Mac
The Beatles

Growing up in the late 70's into the early 80's there was not a lot of hard rock on the radio and anything I heard I was 'wowed'. As a result I was underwhelmed and could not fully appreciate 'made for radio' music like the Eagles Until I saw a YT documentary on them about 5 years ago. Then I got it, they were really flippin good! :guiness

Similar with Steely Dan, albeit as players they are eons ahead. Prior to about 3 years ago I did not get SD, now I love them as an escape from all things rock and the 80's guitar hero in my DNA

Before there was autotune, there were still Fairlights ... so ... don't be fooled. (Though I don't think the Eagles did that)
Dude from the Hooters had to do all of Brian Wilson's backup on one for one of his last solo albums.

EVH also used a Fairlight sampling bass on "The Inside" on 5150.

Back