Baritone guitars ??

SeeD

Roadie
I wanna go DEEP :satan
Anyone in here have a Gretsch G5260 Jet Baritone or any other Baritone guitars ??

I’ve got an old 60s 27” scale Japanese guitar that I’ve set up as a baritone. It’s way underutilized, mainly because the pickups are too weak and I haven’t had the time to sort that out yet. They should be a lot hotter than they are, something is wrong but I haven’t figured it out yet.

It’s not unplayable as is, and I mess with it sometimes. It’s a cool sound Just not something I’ve needed much for live use. I have it tuned to B standard.

D

I was just at the guitar store and did some playing on that Gretsch G5260 and the scale was too long..hmm, like i felt slow playing it

So now i have me eyes on this one, but it seems very bright ?
And i wonder when i put some fuzz on it.. I guess i need to try it out. But no store near me have noe in stock
Squier FSR Paranormal Baritone Cabronita Telecaster

Pretty different to the Gretsch, but I’ve had two PRS SE Mushoks. They’re awesome instruments, and now PRS is doing the 277, which is more or less the same thing, but with a slightly carved top.

Pretty different to the Gretsch, but I’ve had two PRS SE Mushoks. They’re awesome instruments, and now PRS is doing the 277, which is more or less the same thing, but with a slightly carved top.
Thanks, I will look at the PRS 277, from the videos I have seen it seems like a cool guitar

I had an SE 277 a couple years ago. Build quality was fantastic for that price point. I never quite jivved with it and moved on, but I think that was more on me just not meshing with a baritone, or my rig at the time.

I had an SE 277 a couple years ago. Build quality was fantastic for that price point. I never quite jivved with it and moved on, but I think that was more on me just not meshing with a baritone, or my rig at the time.
I`m on the fence about all this, 2 week ago I was like I have my only guitar ( Yamaha PAC ) and i like the tone I get.. but I wish i could put thicker strings on it, but I can`t. The tuners are to small
I get nice dropp C tones, but now i wonder about drop A :wat

I was hoping to get a cheap guitar, and the 277 is 1000 here in norway...but it looks like a good guitar

I like a good old fashion 6 string set up and tuned down. I have never bonded with 7s and baritones (the limited few I have tried over the years) always felt like I was playing an Ironbird bass or something :oops:

I also have a Dingwall bass, and it a bitch to get the right strings, I see a Dropp C set on the net..and a Drop A
hmmmm..I wish I did like the Gretsch one, but 30" is to big. 27,7 sounds good

I`m on the fence about all this, 2 week ago I was like I have my only guitar ( Yamaha PAC ) and i like the tone I get.. but I wish i could put thicker strings on it, but I can`t. The tuners are to small
I get nice dropp C tones, but now i wonder about drop A :wat

I was hoping to get a cheap guitar, and the 277 is 1000 here in norway...but it looks like a good guitar

Yeah I got mine $800 all-in new. Was really impressed with it for the money, and sorta bummed I didn’t mesh with it, but I think it was because I didn’t have a super high gain amp at the time that could handle the lower registers. I think if I had it with my Fireball now it would be :satan

I don’t like going too low. Even with a baritone (I have one of those Paranormal Tele Baritones atm) I don’t like going any lower than dropped B. At some point it’s just playing a bass guitar if you go too much lower. Home is dropped C# with my six strings.

I like a good old fashion 6 string set up and tuned down. I have never bonded with 7s and baritones (the limited few I have tried over the years) always felt like I was playing an Ironbird bass or something :oops:

Never tried a 7 string amazingly, but I have the same reservations due to the bari experience. That, and well, im not a virtuoso on a 6 string, why complicate it further. lol

I don’t like going too low. Even with a baritone (I have one of those Paranormal Tele Baritones atm) I don’t like going any lower than dropped B. At some point it’s just playing a bass guitar if you go too much lower. Home is dropped C# with my six strings.
I was looking at that one as well and the P90 one, but when i heard the 277 and the P90 Paranormal in the same video I was like i think i would like to have a humbucker that i can spilt if i need it.
I like Cult Of Luna alot, so this is why I`m thinking about all of this..haha

I like a dirty broken tone ( low tuned ) B is nice, but with a guitar in Drop A, I have a `normal guitar with the 5 other strings` that i could drop string 5 to Drop D :rofl
My head hurts...

Last edited:
I ran across this string gauge calculator the other day
Yeah it`s just the Grover tuners i got on my Pac the hole is to small to fit i biger set of strings. I can get a bit B tuning, but i would like to have bigger strings

Never tried a 7 string amazingly, but I have the same reservations due to the bari experience. That, and well, im not a virtuoso on a 6 string, why complicate it further. lol
When i first got into Korn and Deftones i got myself a nice 7 String Ibanez, but now I don`t like 7 string guitars ( to big )
I guess mine was 27" isj.. this is were I get a baritone scale..with 6 strings

There's a YTr named The Bunn that has an all baritone channel. He is generally pretty knowledgeable on the baritone thing.

Yeah I got mine $800 all-in new. Was really impressed with it for the money, and sorta bummed I didn’t mesh with it, but I think it was because I didn’t have a super high gain amp at the time that could handle the lower registers. I think if I had it with my Fireball now it would be :satan

Is the Paranormal Tele Baritone a "good guitar" ?
I see that the pickups might be a bit week, and maybe i bit bright sounding ?

Is the Paranormal Tele Baritone a "good guitar" ?
I see that the pickups might be a bit week, and maybe i bit bright sounding ?

TBH I’m going to sell mine. Lots of people love them, but I just sort of have it laying around not being used. Granted it’s a $450 guitar, but I think it needs some hardware upgrades. I considered replacing the stock P90’s with a set of Bare Knuckle boot camp P90’s, but honestly I don’t really want to sink any money or effort into it. (Though some people have and absolutely love it)

I def would not buy that guitar for modern high gain. (At least in stock configuration) I generally use it here or there for lower register ambient stuff.

TBH I’m going to sell mine. Lots of people love them, but I just sort of have it laying around not being used. Granted it’s a $450 guitar, but I think it needs some hardware upgrades. I considered replacing the stock P90’s with a set of Bare Knuckle boot camp P90’s, but honestly I don’t really want to sink any money or effort into it. (Though some people have and absolutely love it)

I def would not buy that guitar for modern high gain. (At least in stock configuration) I generally use it here or there for lower register ambient stuff.
Nice to know! Thanks
I was reading a bit about these low tuned bands the other day..and some used some Squiers ( jazzmaster baritone) and Danelectro 59
So this is way I started looking at the cheap ones, maybe I could get them were i wanted them with a pickup change

Back