Baritone guitars ??

TBH I’m going to sell mine. Lots of people love them, but I just sort of have it laying around not being used. Granted it’s a $450 guitar, but I think it needs some hardware upgrades. I considered replacing the stock P90’s with a set of Bare Knuckle boot camp P90’s, but honestly I don’t really want to sink any money or effort into it. (Though some people have and absolutely love it)

I def would not buy that guitar for modern high gain. (At least in stock configuration) I generally use it here or there for lower register ambient stuff.
I tried one out a time or 2 at GC when I would pop in. I LOVE the looks and they seem to play well enough but I didn't get a very stable tuning experience out of the ones I played. Obviously; off the rack, not set up disclaimers apply.

Nice to know! Thanks
I was reading a bit about these low tuned bands the other day..and some used some Squiers ( jazzmaster baritone) and Danelectro 59
So this is way I started looking at the cheap ones, maybe I could get them were i wanted them with a pickup change

Quite possible that would be the trick.

That was one of the first things I thought about doing, going with a pickup swap, but then really I started thinking if I did that I’d likely want to swap the tuners and some of the hardware and next thing you know I’ve made a $450 guitar a $900 guitar. lol

I tried one out a time or 2 at GC when I would pop in. I LOVE the looks and they seem to play well enough but I didn't get a very stable tuning experience out of the ones I played. Obviously; off the rack, not set up disclaimers apply.

Yeah tuning stability is not a strength. Honestly I look at it more like a project guitar. If you want something to tweak and fiddle with, to make your own, it great guitar to do it with. If not, dead stock, YMMV on the experience.

Reactions: JT
I ran across this string gauge calculator the other day

I used this when figuring out bass strings for drop tuning and then again when I realized that there was no string change that would make that particular bass sound good, so I bought a Spector and gauge'd out a set for CGCG.

The Squire Bass VI is actually pretty cool, I've only played one and it wasn't a piece of sh*t, I'm still interested in getting one of those. Before that, though, I'm going to snag a Solar baritone....or the 7-string with a Sustainer....I'm torn. I had a baritone in a shopping cart on the Solar site and took one last look at Reverb and that's when I found my Strat. I love the Solar E-type I have and wouldn't mind a few more Solars all around. They really took over where Ibanez left a gaping hole for me.

1667965729701.jpeg

I probably wouldn’t ever buy a baritone guitar myself, but I’ve lusted after this one for a loooong time!!

View attachment 2328

I probably wouldn’t ever buy a baritone guitar myself, but I’ve lusted after this one for a loooong time!!

Funny, my best friend’s dad posted this on my FB last night and said “Any comment Andy?!?!”

0E65E51F-1E6C-4918-BC78-6D922964FAC0.jpeg

Back in high school he opened for Primus at a venue right next to where I lived, even though it was FREEZING outside and it was the start of a snowstorm, I hung out by the bus for almost 2 hours hoping to catch Buckethead. The side door to the venue opens and I haul ass from where I was yelling “BUCKETHEAD! BUCKETHEAD! BUCKETHEAD!”, turn around the front of the bus with just enough time to see the door slam in my face. My buddy’s dad for some reason loves that story and brings it up every time he sees me.

My response was- “HE’LL NEVER GET AWAY FROM ME AGAIN!”
ACAF0128-655D-46CC-922A-6D61696AB912.jpeg

Funny, my best friend’s dad posted this on my FB last night and said “Any comment Andy?!?!”

View attachment 2331

Back in high school he opened for Primus at a venue right next to where I lived, even though it was FREEZING outside and it was the start of a snowstorm, I hung out by the bus for almost 2 hours hoping to catch Buckethead. The side door to the venue opens and I haul ass from where I was yelling “BUCKETHEAD! BUCKETHEAD! BUCKETHEAD!”, turn around the front of the bus with just enough time to see the door slam in my face. My buddy’s dad for some reason loves that story and brings it up every time he sees me.

My response was- “HE’LL NEVER GET AWAY FROM ME AGAIN!”
View attachment 2332
Ha. That’s great. Buckethead is great. I’ve never seen him in concert though.

Ha. That’s great. Buckethead is great. I’ve never seen him in concert though.

He’s such a trip, man. The lineup was Buckethead, Incubus and Primus, it was riiiiight before “Drive” hit the radio, like 2 weeks before, so Incubus wasn’t HUGE yet but you could feel it in the air. The venue was packed, I had some buddies who were in the stands and told me later that night “The whole time Buckethead was playing no one in the audience gave a f*ck but we look over and there you are with the horns in the air jumping up and down his whole set.” :rofl

He’s such a trip, man. The lineup was Buckethead, Incubus and Primus, it was riiiiight before “Drive” hit the radio, like 2 weeks before, so Incubus wasn’t HUGE yet but you could feel it in the air. The venue was packed, I had some buddies who were in the stands and told me later that night “The whole time Buckethead was playing no one in the audience gave a f*ck but we look over and there you are with the horns in the air jumping up and down his whole set.” :rofl
Ha. That Must’ve been great. Everyone i’ve introduced Buckethead too has been like “woah…” Sure he’s not for everyone, but you can’t help but be impressed. His persona/shtick cracks me up too…

I wanna go DEEP :satan
Anyone in here have a Gretsch G5260 Jet Baritone or any other Baritone guitars ??
I think you were asking about electrics, but I have a baritone acoustic that I LOVE: https://guildguitars.com/g/bt-258e-deluxe-baritone-natural/

It's easily one of the best guitars I own and was also one of the least expensive. I can't say enough good things about it.

I just posted a cover of Come Together in the audio section that I used it for: https://thegearforum.com/threads/come-together-acoustic-cover-baritone-acoustic-guitar-vocal.919/

Baritone guitars are kickass, like a bass and regular guitar folded into one.

When I got my guitar I played it for 2 days and the scale is just to long for my liking, so I sendt it back. I was thinking of getting the PRS 27.7 Inch model but I have my guitar that I love. So I`m out of the baritone race :LOL: for now

But the low shit is a cool thing, but is gets muddy when i play clean isj. The SubZero one i got look super nice, but tuned in E, it was like plying a Bass ( And i have a Dingwall bass hehe )

Greeting,
I recently bought a guitar, model "Harley Benton MR-Modern Baritone", with 2 "Artec AHC-90 Soapbar Alnico-5 humbuckers".

I'm not satisfied with stock pickups, so i would like to replace them with some Soapbar pickups from Dimarzio brand.

List of options, from Dimarzio site:

-DIMARZIO SOAPBAR
-DLX PLUS NECK
-DLX PLUS BRIDGE
-THE TONE ZONE P90
-P90 SUPER DISTORSION
-VINTAGE P90 SOAPBAR
-VIRTUAL P90
-FANTOM P90 SOAPBAR

Could you recommend me something for the neck and bridge position, the music I play is mostly Stoner/Doom/Post metal?

Thanks in advance!

Greeting,
I recently bought a guitar, model "Harley Benton MR-Modern Baritone", with 2 "Artec AHC-90 Soapbar Alnico-5 humbuckers".

I'm not satisfied with stock pickups, so i would like to replace them with some Soapbar pickups from Dimarzio brand.

-DIMARZIO SOAPBAR
-DLX PLUS NECK
-DLX PLUS BRIDGE
-THE TONE ZONE P90
-P90 SUPER DISTORSION
-VINTAGE P90 SOAPBAR
-VIRTUAL P90
-FANTOM P90 SOAPBAR

Could you recommend me something for the neck and bridge position, the music I play is mostly Stoner/Doom/Post metal?

Thanks in advance!

I can’t offer any suggestions but I love the username! I think we have some lost keys in the Lost And Found section. :rofl

Greeting,

-DIMARZIO SOAPBAR
-DLX PLUS NECK
-DLX PLUS BRIDGE
-THE TONE ZONE P90
-P90 SUPER DISTORSION
-VINTAGE P90 SOAPBAR
-VIRTUAL P90
-FANTOM P90 SOAPBAR

Thanks in advance!
I don’t know those PU’s specifically, but the Fralin P-90 I put in the neck position on mine is big and wooly with only a touch of twang.

Greeting,

-DIMARZIO SOAPBAR
-DLX PLUS NECK
-DLX PLUS BRIDGE
-THE TONE ZONE P90
-P90 SUPER DISTORSION
-VINTAGE P90 SOAPBAR
-VIRTUAL P90
-FANTOM P90 SOAPBAR

Thanks in advance!
Upgrading pickups can be a great way to tailor your guitar's tone to your preferences. Since you're considering replacing the stock pickups in your Harley Benton MR-Modern Baritone with Dimarzio Soapbar pickups.

Back