Badlander 100 Tonex Capture

riffy

Roadie
TGF Recording Artist
Hi guys. If you all don't mind giving this a listen. I captured a friends Badlander today.
I am using it here with a YA 2x12 Recto cab impulse. Mix 01.

I think it sounds like his amp. He thinks it sucks? What say you all. I know a few of you
here have the Badlander.

Badlander 100 Here

If you all think it sucks, it is ok to say just that!

OH yeah, please, forgive my arthritic fingers today!

Hi guys. If you all don't mind giving this a listen. I captured a friends Badlander today.

I think it sounds like his amp. He thinks it sucks? What say you all. I know a few of you
here have the Badlander.

Badlander 100 Here

I think it sounds great! Would need a reference to his amp but I think it sounds just fine

I love it. It’s got that “springy” thing going on which is what I love so much about the 5150 family of amps.

He seems to think it is too fizzy. He hates digital things to begin with.

It is his amp. I would like to get his permission before sharing it. It is just the amp capture.

Does the example you posted have any post-processing? Wonder what a low-pass at about 8-9k would do.
A bit of delay on mixdown and only normalized. That is it. I can throw a low pass on at 8k easily. Put after my cab sim.

Last edited:

here have the Badlander.

Badlander 100 Here

Sounds good to me. EL34's right?

Sounds pretty good to me! Give him an IR where the mic is at the edge of the speaker, he'll be happy!

here have the Badlander.

Badlander 100 Here

sounds kinda boomy to me but you might like it that way.

here have the Badlander.

Badlander 100 Here

it's very good! I'll see if I can replicate it in Helix stomp. good reference

Fatality!

fatality GIF

Back