Ask me about my hot takes (I want your hot takes, too)

I got hot takes concerning music. Lot's of them. You don't agree. I'm ok with that.

Examples:
  • Presence was Led Zeppelin's best album (followed by Houses of the Holy)
  • Randy wasn't Ozzy's best guitar player (Jake was, followed by Brad Gillis)
  • I hate Rush (because of the vocals)
  • I have never listened to an entire Guns n Roses song (except the one time I forgot my earbuds at the gym)
  • SRV's tone was generally pretty crappy
  • I hated STP but liked Talk Show which was STP with a different singer
  • and many, many more
Don't mind me, I actually hate everything.

~FRANK ZAPPA IS GOD~
I had this epiphany when I was 8 years old and stick by it to this day! That is my hot bake from my EZ Bake Utility Muffin Research Kitchen oven ;~))
I do like a lot of the Zappa stuff. However, he did get really pretentious and released every little thing he recorded, even if it stunk.
Mother @ Roxy and Elsewhere is probably my favorite thing he's done.

I do like a lot of the Zappa stuff. However, he did get really pretentious and released every little thing he recorded, even if it stunk.
Mother @ Roxy and Elsewhere is probably my favorite thing he's done.
You may want to do some research regarding the thousands of un-released pieces that is in the Zappa vault ;~)) He died with more un-released material than most artists would dream of producing in their lives!

As for pretentious, he most certainly was that. He would force his bands to practice for months before he would even show up because he did not want his time wasted on them learning the complex material he was tasking them with. I also vehemently disagree with his hypocritical and pretentious stance on drugs. When asked about his cigarette (drug) addiction, he pretentiously countered that it was not a drug but was instead, food! Cute but he obviously knew that he was being a hypocrite ;~))

Anyway, there are sections of his work I have no interest in listening to (but do recognize his artistic talent in creating it), but from a perspective of musical genius, nobody has ever topped him in my mind!

My mother dropped me on my head when I was little, so take this with a grain of salt
I’d rather listen to Geddy sing than Freddie

Back