Are there going to be sponsors and sponsored ads here?

pipelineaudio

Shredder
We and several other companies have declined from advertising or sponsoring TGP because of the type of moderation they employ. You may notice there are entire genres of products, even ones covered on that forum that aren't sponsors.

I don't see any ads on here (yet) and I don't want to ruin a spam free zone, but if they DO start running ads, please let me know! We are happy to get this started and several other companies as well

I didn't see this post until just now.

We coughed up the duckets to sustain this place for another 2 months, after that we're going to maximize ad space, we've partnered with AliExpress, Fleshlight, Blue Chew and Vince from Slapchop.

Really, we're good for a year and we'll see how things pan out. We left that open ended because when putting this forum together we had no clue if we'd have 5 people sign up and bail over the course of a week. It will largely depend on how big this forum gets when it comes time to pay the tab. But one thing I can confidently say, whichever way we end up going would be in the best benefit of the forum and not so much our pockets. Running this forum has been a blast and I really forget I'm a mod/owner 95% of the time because I rarely have to play that role. The internet has entirely been about guitars and forums for me, since the very beginning days on AOL. Co-owning my own forum about guitars and gear is f*ckin' sweet and whichever way I can retain the awesomeness of it all is where my vote will go when the time comes.

Fleshlight might actually not be such a bad idea since its not really related to the topics on the forum ha ha, the more you are dependant on brands that are discussed here the bigger the risk is that you may feel that you need to censor posts but im sure you realise this anyway without me pointing that out.

Fleshlight might actually not be such a bad idea since its not really related to the topics on the forum ha ha, the more you are dependant on brands that are discussed here the bigger the risk is that you may feel that you need to censor posts but im sure you realise this anyway without me pointing that out.

Adult depends would fit this non-gear ads model perfectly, as well the aging demographic of forum users 👌

Personally, I despise advertising with a passion; but I understand that bandwidth costs for this site will be a problem at some point and there will be bills to pay.

Last edited:
Back