Are there any rules here?

tumblr_lxs07sJUJj1r8q14bo1_500.gif

Pretty simple; no overt political/religious discussion. There are plenty of other places on the internet for that, even some gear forums.

When discussing this forum with people who haven’t been here, I’ve described it as “Not as heavy handed as TGP but not as hostile as Rig-Talk”. While I‘ve been on RigTalk for over a decade, I saw very well what happens when politics are allowed to be discussed and how much it leaked into the main forum. People couldn’t discuss a f*ckin’ pedal without someone bringing up their political affiliation as an insult. I don’t want any of that sh*t here, no matter how much I may agree or disagree with the actual content.

And if two members break out in a bitch fight? We got plans for that and it won’t be suspensions or bans! While I can’t wait to see it in actual use, I’m also glad we’ve managed to crack 200 members here without any BS thus far. We have a good group of dudes here, but most of us have all been through the ringer with dealing with other forum BS.

Pretty simple; no overt political/religious discussion. There are plenty of other places on the internet for that, even some gear forums.

When discussing this forum with people who haven’t been here, I’ve described it as “Not as heavy handed as TGP but not as hostile as Rig-Talk”. While I‘ve been on RigTalk for over a decade, I saw very well what happens when politics are allowed to be discussed and how much it leaked into the main forum. People couldn’t discuss a f*ckin’ pedal without someone bringing up their political affiliation as an insult. I don’t want any of that sh*t here, no matter how much I may agree or disagree with the actual content.

And if two members break out in a b*tch fight? We got plans for that and it won’t be suspensions or bans! While I can’t wait to see it in actual use, I’m also glad we’ve managed to crack 200 members here without any BS thus far. We have a good group of dudes here, but most of us have all been through the ringer with dealing with other forum BS.

Sounds like this is going to be a good middle ground between 2 extremes to talk gear & guitars and leave all the BS at the door.

And if two members break out in a b*tch fight? We got plans for that and it won’t be suspensions or bans! While I can’t wait to see it in actual use, I’m also glad we’ve managed to crack 200 members here without any BS thus far. We have a good group of dudes here, but most of us have all been through the ringer with dealing with other forum BS.
I still vote for a Phish pond for Trey worshipping time out. Lol

I for one would welcome mods that swiftly deal with users violating the spirit of the rules and generally creating bad vibes. IMO that's the biggest downfall of forums outside of lack of interest.

Back