Are the Gear Page moderators pro-fascists?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I strongly disagree with many of these posts. I'm reading a lot here that I find concerning, to say the very least. There's plenty of political discourse in this thread; everyone's just coding their language, hinting and nodding. I disagree with the style on top of the substance. I'll just leave it that my previous post feels more important every damn day.

Reactions: JT
giphy.gif

Wouldn’t you just bend over and bite the fuse off?

In my observation, these topics are dear to many people, so they get heated. So far so good, no problem imo in being passionate.

But as they get heated, someone throws out a word like "ignorant," and the person it's directed to gets pissed. The problem in this, is the 2 parties have different understandings of the definition of 'ignorant,' and even though it wasn't meant to be derogatory, but instead: "lacking knowledge or understanding of a particular thing"..., it was taken that way, then the name-calling starts. Words have connotations that can take a written discussion into territory that no one intended, but yet it happens all the time.

Add in slang, cultural differences, bias, beliefs based on incorrect information, etc., and the whole thing devolves into a food fight. Sh!t gets taken the wrong way, is a big part of the problem, ime.

Which come to think of it, what's the problem? Don't we all like to look at car crashes and train wrecks? What's a little bandwidth wasted on a good argument and name-calling, that'll draw people in like flies to shit? :rofl

Personally, I welcome a good discourse on sensitive topics, if people could just remain civil, and be careful to say what they mean, clearly, because there always seems to be someone that knows more than I do about a particular subject, and as such, sometimes I learn a thing or 2. And other times, the whole thing's just damn hilarious to read!

But what do I know? The Thunderdome is barely gettin' used!!

In my observation, these topics are dear to many people, so they get heated. So far so good, no problem imo in being passionate.

But as they get heated, someone throws out a word like "ignorant," and the person it's directed to gets pissed. The problem in this, is the 2 parties have different understandings of the definition of 'ignorant,' and even though it wasn't meant to be derogatory, but instead: "lacking knowledge or understanding of a particular thing"..., it was taken that way, then the name-calling starts. Words have connotations that can take a written discussion into territory that no one intended, but yet it happens all the time.

Add in slang, cultural differences, bias, beliefs based on incorrect information, etc., and the whole thing devolves into a food fight. Sh!t gets taken the wrong way, is a big part of the problem, ime.

Which come to think of it, what's the problem? Don't we all like to look at car crashes and train wrecks? What's a little bandwidth wasted on a good argument and name-calling, that'll draw people in like flies to s**t? :rofl

Personally, I welcome a good discourse on sensitive topics, if people could just remain civil, and be careful to say what they mean, clearly, because there always seems to be someone that knows more than I do about a particular subject, and as such, sometimes I learn a thing or 2. And other times, the whole thing's just damn hilarious to read!

I was going to type something similar, but thankfully you did so I can rest my fingers!

Can we all just agree that condemning Nazis is okay in any context? If that's going too far, then it's not part of civilized discourse.
That should be pinned on every thread condemning any form of evil
It's hard.... or, challenging.... when so much of music has been about rebellion, and rebellion
is about usurping authourity, and usurping authourity is inherently political.
:idk

f**k, the history of music includes a sacred versus secular fight. At one point in time all music
in the West was a form of sacrament, and could only be used to prop up the Church. People had
to rebel against that authourity in order to write/perform music that did not serve the Church. It
was not given. It was claimed and disputed. The Church was the first Record Label commissioning
and controlling a composer's work.

Then fast forward to the 20th Century and you have several political rebellions that were inseparable
from music.

Jazz, Blues and the Civil Rights. Hippies, Psychedelia, and the Sexual Revolution. The Environmental movement,
Pete Seeger and Folk Music. You can't have one of those without the other.

But that is for someone's dissertation and not for a private forum owned and operated by people who
determine the rules of (mostly) friendly engagement.
:beer
200%!!
Crop-Woody-Guthrie.jpg

“Guthrie had "romanticized the deeds of outlaws such as Jesse James, Pretty Boy Floyd, Calamity Jane or the Dalton Gang both as legitimate acts of social responsibility and as 'the ultimate expression of protest'”

—except from this machine kills fascists Wikipedia linked above.

What a fucking douche.

I don’t know what’s worse. Woody Guthrie’s Wikipedia dunce show or Roger Waters being against authoritarianism yet embracing Putin’s influence strategy.

“Guthrie had "romanticized the deeds of outlaws such as Jesse James, Pretty Boy Floyd, Calamity Jane or the Dalton Gang both as legitimate acts of social responsibility and as 'the ultimate expression of protest'”

—except from this machine kills fascists Wikipedia linked above.

What a f*****g douche.

I don’t know what’s worse. Woody Guthrie’s Wikipedia dunce show or Roger Waters being against authoritarianism yet embracing Putin’s influence strategy.

Do keep in mind that Wikipedia is often guilty of spinning entries to favor certain viewpoints, much in the same way the mainstream media does.

Which come to think of it, what's the problem? Don't we all like to look at car crashes and train wrecks? What's a little bandwidth wasted on a good argument and name-calling, that'll draw people in like flies to s**t? :rofl

Hahahah go ask RigTalk if it was drawing people in like flies on sh*t. If anyone wants to see a car wreck, you don’t have to look any further than their OT section. It’s been calm over there for the past 2 weeks, so whatever you happen to see today, just magnify that by about 10 to the power of “WTF DUDE”.

There are plenty of Neo Nazis around today, as well as those who espouse their beliefs. There are also plenty of people who idolize them, and people who minimize every atrocity on earth, using that minimization as a basis for sociopathy as a badge of honor. There are plenty of people who use the methods that Nazis used to gain and to maintain power. There are plenty of people who lack basic human empathy. And there are plenty today who complain loudly that their God given right to dehumanize everyone who is not like them is threatened, and that they are somehow the victims of persecution, failing to compare themselves to the many who have been killed, beaten, shackled, ostracized, and marginalized just for the way they act, dress, think, or look. Caste exists so strongly, and I can't believe the canned bullshit I read denying that.

The Wall can be interpreted in more than one way, and one way can be the fight against fascism itself. No, I don't suffer any arguments that minimize the elements of fascism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back