Are the Gear Page moderators pro-fascists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piing

Roadie
I have received this notification at TGP:

The Gear Page — Mozilla Firefox.png

What I posted was the following quote from the Facebook account of Roger Waters:

"A Statement from Roger Waters on the controversy over his Berlin Concert

My recent performance in Berlin has attracted bad faith attacks from those who want to smear and silence me because they disagree with my political views and moral principles.

The elements of my performance that have been questioned are quite clearly a statement in opposition to fascism, injustice, and bigotry in all its forms. Attempts to portray those elements as something else are disingenuous and politically motivated. The depiction of an unhinged fascist demagogue has been a feature of my shows since Pink Floyd’s “The Wall” in 1980.

I have spent my entire life speaking out against authoritarianism and oppression wherever I see it. When I was a child after the war, the name of Anne Frank was often spoken in our house, she became a permanent reminder of what happens when fascism is left unchecked. My parents fought the Nazis in World War II, with my father paying the ultimate price.

Regardless of the consequences of the attacks against me, I will continue to condemn injustice and all those who perpetrate it.
"

And after that quote, I added my own comment saying: "Regardless of his personality, I admire Roger for standing against fascism"

[End of quote]

It is very sad that they cut freedom of expression when someone is standing up against fascism, injustice, oppression, and bigotry. That is not being political, that is an ethical responsibility of all human beings with a good heart, integrity, and dignity.

Last edited:
I really don't get the obsession with "the other place" here. I really only go there for updates on the York Audio thread, because he posts the most there, and over at Fractal.

They clearly and repeatedly state "no politics".

Talking about fascism IS political. Even if you're condemning it.

I know I'll get killed for this, but I'm calling bullshit on this one.

Social media is considered the first wave of AI… riling up your emotions is a known algorithm for getting you to be sticky…

I never go back to the other place … it’s antithetical to my values

I really don't get the obsession with "the other place" here. I really only go there for updates on the York Audio thread, because he posts the most there, and over at Fractal.

They clearly and repeatedly state "no politics".

Talking about fascism IS political. Even if you're condemning it.

I know I'll get killed for this, but I'm calling bullshit on this one.

I don’t disagree with this, really.

It’s the same thing I say in every thread we have that eventually goes political and I have to come in and tell people to drop it. I’d prefer NOT to do that, it’s just not the social climate we’re in. We let them roll here until it becomes apparent there’s going to be a bitch fest after another comment or two. I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt that they can discuss certain things surrounding the specifics but so many people are holding a “F*ck you” card in their back pocket from the last debate they had that they’re just waiting to throw that on the table ASAP to make up for the last debate, or someone was says something that invokes a “F*ck you” reaction from someone else.

Hell, just writing ”Bud Lite” in a thread right now can spark a huge political debate. While I think that‘s completely f*cking stupid, people want to keep playing that divisive game and that’s really what kills it all for me, the divisiveness. There should be ZERO reason in the world we can’t have reasonable discussions about important things that effect us all, but those who seek to divide are doing a great job at it, unfortunately.

There should be ZERO reason in the world we can’t have reasonable discussions about important things that effect us all,

There’s actually terminologies for this… we called it “reasonable disagreement” in the 1970s

This is why we have horse racing, and 31 flavors of ice cream (well, no more; grocery store seems supplychained by brandon) …

Various opinions is a way richer community, versus monolithic DEI inculcation, and propaganda which you must adopt or be cancelled.

That’s really the whole point of calling someone a fascist… Is to marginalize them to the degree where you can actually rationalize violence and other inhuman behaviors.

I don’t do it.

There’s actually terminologies for this… we called it “reasonable disagreement” in the 1970s

This is why we have horse racing, and 31 flavors of ice cream (well, no more; grocery store seems supplychained by brandon) …

Various opinions is a way richer community, versus monolithic DEI inculcation, and propaganda which you must adopt or be cancelled.

That’s really the whole point of calling someone a fascist… Is to marginalize them to the degree where you can actually rationalize violence and other inhuman behaviors.

I don’t do it.

Yeah, Godwin’s Law could most certainly use a facelift after the last few years.

Yeah, Godwin’s Law could most certainly use a facelift after the last few years.

Exactly!

Who wouldn’t have the moral obligation/duty to kill Hitler if you had the chance?

That’s why politicians/opinions get compared to Nazis.

Just one more form of final cancellation by a fragile and intolerant system.

Get thicker skin; and lighten up buttercup. You won’t die from hurt feelings. 👍😝🙏

Exactly!

Who wouldn’t have the moral obligation/duty to kill Hitler if you had the chance?

That’s why politicians/opinions get compared to Nazis.

Just one more form of final cancellation by a fragile and intolerant system.

Get thicker skin; and lighten up buttercup. You won’t die from hurt feelings. 👍😝🙏
Problem is, there are about 15 trigger words in this comment alone :grin And there is an equivalent batch of verbiage that would trigger the "other side". We have certainly lost the ability to discuss. Mainly because everything is tiptoe-ville; no matter which direction a person "leans". Ugh.

one man's buttercup is another man's privilege :sofa:rofl

Once a novel idea has been put out there, I just can't stop thinking about it.

To wit: Freeman has made me fart-eating curious

• Haha
Reactions: JT
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back