Anyone using the SD Omega?

spawnofthesith

Rock Star
Toying with the idea of trying something different in the bridge of my 594. I've been intrigued by the mark holcomb sig stuff from seymour duncan.. anyone running the omega? I see there is also the Scourge bridge pickup which looks interesting to me as well

I really wish SD universally offered covered pickups... but I guess I can order a cover from philedelphia luthier tools again like I did when I put the pegasus in my LP

Toying with the idea of trying something different in the bridge of my 594. I've been intrigued by the mark holcomb sig stuff from seymour duncan.. anyone running the omega? I see there is also the Scourge bridge pickup which looks interesting to me as well

I really wish SD universally offered covered pickups... but I guess I can order a cover from philedelphia luthier tools again like I did when I put the pegasus in my LP
I've used both the Omega and the Scourge. I like them both actually, though the Scourge has a bit more of a midrange-y sound to my ears. The Omega definitely feels a bit hotter and again to my ears feels like it's got a bit tighter bottom end than the Scourge, but only slightly. Either one of those would probably sound nice in something like a 594. As for covers, might be worth reaching out to Duncan's custom shop and find out if you can get the pickup with a cover, they seem to offer a good amount of options through the C.S. so it could be worth looking into?

I've used both the Omega and the Scourge. I like them both actually, though the Scourge has a bit more of a midrange-y sound to my ears. The Omega definitely feels a bit hotter and again to my ears feels like it's got a bit tighter bottom end than the Scourge, but only slightly. Either one of those would probably sound nice in something like a 594. As for covers, might be worth reaching out to Duncan's custom shop and find out if you can get the pickup with a cover, they seem to offer a good amount of options through the C.S. so it could be worth looking into?

I ended up getting the scourge, and a cover from PL, have them sitting right here! Going into the 594 this week, will definitely report back

Back