Anyone upgrade to MacOS Ventura yet?

Fireproof

Shredder
Got a prompt to upgrade, but always hesitant to move too quickly in case it breaks a music/gear related piece of software.

The only thing I’m really using at this point is Fractal FM9 Edit and Fractal Bot. Haven’t used plugins in a while…

Got a prompt to upgrade, but always hesitant to move too quickly in case it breaks a music/gear related piece of software.

The only thing I’m really using at this point is Fractal FM9 Edit and Fractal Bot. Haven’t used plugins in a while…

I upgraded, even though I should have probably waited for a point release. It's been fine so far, but it's only been 24 hours. I used Ventura to update the firmware on my FM3 today and briefly used FM3-Edit + Fractal Bot to do it.

I've been using it all day to do all the usual stuff.

Last edited:
Helllll no. I'm still on Catalina on my iMac and Sierra on my Macbook. :rofl

That's the only negative thing I have to say about Apple, they upgrade the OS and half my studio stops working. With as many Waves plug-ins I own without the update licenses, I'm perfectly fine not updating the OS. I use this thing for recording, whackin' off and talking about gear, I only update these things if I absolutely have to.

If you install Ventura... it will be fine. :satan

thanks yes GIF

Installed Ventura with no issues. Some things are actually faster, like Safari. Also did the iOS update and that went very well. No issues at all on anything.

I always jump straight in. But considering music, I don’t use anything but stock Logic Pro and what’s in there. Will try tonight. I’m using an m1 so I don’t expect any issues.

I upgraded, even though I should have probably waited for a point release. It's been fine so far, but it's only been 24 hours. I used Ventura to update the firmware on my FM3 today and briefly used FM3-Edit + Fractal Bot to do it.

I've been using it all day to do all the usual stuff.

I always jump straight in. But considering music, I don’t use anything but stock Logic Pro and what’s in there. Will try tonight. I’m using an m1 so I don’t expect any issues.

Good to know from both of you. I’m intrigued about the Safari speed increase, and some other features. I’m on an M1 MacBook Pro, so I don’t expect any issues. And for guitar, I’m just using Logic Pro and FM9 Edit / Fractal Bot these days, so as long as those work fine, I should be good to go.

Back