Anyone (Drew?) Got A Fractal Preset For Time Solo?

TSJMajesty

Rock Star
It's one of the few that I know very well, but I've never really copped the tone. I heard it on my way home today, and thought, hmmm..., maybe someone here has a good preset? (But I ain't buying a Strat! Dave. :rofl)

I’ve only played around with this one using actual pedals.

I need a little break from the shreddy shreds tonight, maybe I’ll try cooking something up.

Up front I’d think you’d have to at least get into split coil mode on the EBMM, modeled fuzz needs all the help it can get!

He used a Fuzz Face back in the day, but by the 80’s he was doing the boosted Big Muff thing.

Sometimes it helps to put a compressor in front of a fuzz in the Fractal to help with sustain, it’s just tricky to get the fuzz elements sounding out that are the entire reason you’d use a fuzz with a compressed signal hitting it harder, it’s a happy balance of sustain/tone.

One of my favourite guitar solos ever and that sound is the reason I wanted to move from classical to electric guitar.

Anyway, according to gilmourish this is what he used in to either the Hiwatt or a fender twin
Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face (silicon)
– fuzz 100%, volume 75-100%
Binson Echorec
– solo (repeat mode) 350ms

It's one of the few that I know very well, but I've never really copped the tone. I heard it on my way home today, and thought, hmmm..., maybe someone here has a good preset? (But I ain't buying a Strat! Dave. :rofl)
If you dig what you hear in this video, you can find the link to the preset in the description

PS: that preset was created before FM9 FW 6.00 was released though, I suggest using the Gold Plate in the reverb now cuz it's the shit for those kind of tones

Last edited:
Binson Echorec
– solo (repeat mode) 350ms
Pretty sure that's not the case for Time, I think the binson is in swell mode both for the intro and for the solo (with a lower mix in the solo), plus you can hear a single repeat at around 1 second from another delay in the solo, probably added in the mixing stage, and that can't be a binson cuz its max delay time is around 310 ms.

I’ve only played around with this one using actual pedals.

I need a little break from the shreddy shreds tonight, maybe I’ll try cooking something up.

Up front I’d think you’d have to at least get into split coil mode on the EBMM, modeled fuzz needs all the help it can get!

He used a Fuzz Face back in the day, but by the 80’s he was doing the boosted Big Muff thing.

Sometimes it helps to put a compressor in front of a fuzz in the Fractal to help with sustain, it’s just tricky to get the fuzz elements sounding out that are the entire reason you’d use a fuzz with a compressed signal hitting it harder, it’s a happy balance of sustain/tone.

Definitely. Fuzz---especially a FF or TB---and hot pickups is :barf

You just cave in and crush those transistors so all their colour and texture turns
to mush.

Low-ish output pickups and messing about with the volume on the guitar is the way. :beer

Last edited:
I've quickly made a shitty preset with the FM3. It must be shitty because I do not have my reference Audeze LCD-2 headphones, so I am using a ATH-M50. Preset attached

And a quick & dirty recording

I am never happy with the Hiwatt. I am using the Carol-Ann Tucana Clean driven with the Pi Fuzz.

I have not added much delay, so the tone can be heard more clearly.

We played this song Thursday at practice. Surprised I recalled as much of it as I did. Love me
some Dmaj7. :chef

I didn't have a Fuzz tone dialed in, or a Strat, so I just JCM800'd it with a Les Paul. :facepalm

:rofl

Back