Anybody tried one of the cheap revstars?

SillyOctpuss

Shredder
I've noticed one of the Rse20 elements revstars has popped up for sale near me. It looks pretty cool and it's pretty well priced. Have any of you gents played one of these before? It's not the kind of thing I'd normally go for but I think it's pretty cool looking.

1000060560.jpg

The specs look pretty decent on them all things considered. Could be a pretty good base for a few mods if the core instrument is well enough made.

I've noticed one of the Rse20 elements revstars has popped up for sale near me. It looks pretty cool and it's pretty well priced. Have any of you gents played one of these before? It's not the kind of thing I'd normally go for but I think it's pretty cool looking.

View attachment 27413

The specs look pretty decent on them all things considered. Could be a pretty good base for a few mods if the core instrument is well enough made.
I can attest that I love my Revstar, even the RSE should be amazing

When the original Revstars came out, I almost picked up the low-end one - I liked the neck carve on that one the best.

For me I love that neck and its comfortable albeit a little on the heavy side
But I changed some things like locking tuners, Graphtech Nut, Gotoh bridge and stoptail
New pickups and some aesthetics

Revstar II Modded .jpg

:chef

Last edited:
For me I love that neck and its comfortable albeit a little on the heavy side
But I changed some things like locking tuners, Graphtech Nut, Gotoh bridge and stoptail
New pickups and some aesthetics

View attachment 27508

:chef

I said it was cheap but if I'm honest with myself by the time I'd have changed things on it I'd have at least doubled the purchase price so probably no bad thing.

I do like the inlays and the natural back and sides of the standard and professional. I always think if you can see the wood they've probably used nicer looking bits than a solid finish anyway.

Played a mate's one, very good bang for the buck. Interesting switching options, too. Should I ever need to buy a 2 humbucker guitar without vibrato (which might in fact happen one day), one of those would be my first call.

Last edited:
The element series doesn’t have a maple cap, so it’s very light.
Played the RSS02T in a store a few times and it was beyond impressive. Felt great.

Played a mate's one, very good bang for the buck. Interesting switching options, too. Should I ever need to buy a 2 humbucker guitar without vibrato (which might in fact happen one day), one of those would be my first call.

Lol. The guitar was sold and I'm consoling myself by buying other things. It's not helping to tell me how good they are now :hmm

I will keep my eyes open for another one in the future though.

Still waiting for my local dealer to get any of the Revstar line in-stock. I really want to try these, as well as higher end models.

Still waiting for my local dealer to get any of the Revstar line in-stock. I really want to try these, as well as higher end models.

I'd like to try and elements and standard models. The elements would probably suit me better spec wise I think. I'd like an all mahogany dual humbucker guitar, it's something I'm missing at the minute.

I'd also want to check out the standard just to make sure I wouldn't be missing out by not going up a bit in price. I do prefer the aesthetic of the standard vs the elements.

Back