Any thoughts on this Combination?

Stone

Rock Star
I kinda wanna change my pickups in my Charvel DK22, as ive mentioned im not too fond of the SD hotrail
so might swap out all 3 for Dimarzio rail in the bridge some classic Noiseless for neck and mid

Bridge = Super Distortion Dp218 or tone zone DP189
Neck and Middle = Area 67

Any thoughts

Cheers

My suggestion would be to go with the Area 61 instead of the 67. The 61 has more oomph in the mids that will help it balance with a hot bridge better than the 67. The 67 is bright and might be more challenging to balance with a thick bridge like the Tone Zone

My suggestion would be to go with the Area 61 instead of the 67. The 61 has more oomph in the mids that will help it balance with a hot bridge better than the 67. The 67 is bright and might be more challenging to balance with a thick bridge like the Tone Zone
Thanks Met, yes that would be a much better balance, now either SD or TZ for bridge :idk

I have a strat with Area 58, 58, and SD. I think it balances well for my needs. Yes, the SD is hotter and to get it right you have to really hone in the height to the strings, so I have it favoring the treble side because it is a darker sounding pickup. I've not tried the TZ.
Fwiw, I wire my pots differently. Master volume, then 1 tone is a low-cut and 1 tone for high-cut. The low-cut cleans up the bottom end and lowers the gain somewhat which is useful.
Before the 58's I had Fender Gen4 singles in the neck/mid. Even these sounded good with SD, although much brighter than the 58.

Thanks Met, yes that would be a much better balance, now either SD or TZ for bridge :idk

Personally, I’d go SD. I’ve never liked the TZ. Either the rail or the full size version.

I tried the rail version TZ in the bridge with a rail Air Norton in the neck and a 61 in the middle. But it wasn’t working for me, so I tried swapping the Norton into the bridge and I really liked it a lot better there. So I put another 61 in the neck and really liked that combination. I used that setup for several years

This was probably 10 years ago so my memory is fuzzy as to what I liked / didn’t like at the time