Any Fractal users using the JMP 1 amp? Pre set sharing thread

cragginshred

Roadie
I've been using FAS products on/off since 2011 and have settled on Plexi's and Soldanos but curios if anyone is having success with a live tone using the JMP amps? I know Def Lep and most recently Dave Murray of Maiden is using this amp model.

Context is rock crunch on the hard rock side. Also tonight I'd be happy to load a pre set to share and hopefully others will do the same in this thread as we search for the 'ultimate tone'!

I've been using FAS products on/off since 2011 and have settled on Plexi's and Soldanos but curios if anyone is having success with a live tone using the JMP amps? I know Def Lep and most recently Dave Murray of Maiden is using this amp model.

Context is rock crunch on the hard rock side. Also tonight I'd be happy to load a pre set to share and hopefully others will do the same in this thread as we search for the 'ultimate tone'!
this guy gets some damn good tones out of the Marshall IMO , here is the JMP you can cop his setting from the vid

In the Pre-Fractal era, before the Axe-FX Standard, the JMP-1 was my main ingredient for tone juice
GX700_3.JPG

Have you already tried Phil Collen's preset?

Apparently we cannot share syx. = FAS files here so pm if anyone wants to try one of mine. Sharing encouraged!

I played around with OD1 Bass Shift for a while last night, actually got stuck on it for a while. That was the first time I ever even tried a JMP-1 model. I’ll toss it up tonight.

Is there a clip of this tone that I can hear? I went to the Fractal thread and it was just a circle jerk of discussion, no clips.

Billy Gibbons is another JMP 1 user (a real one, not Fractal). From what I've seen/read, it's been a main part of his live setup for a long time (regardless of what amps/props you see on stage).

That preset is SO dark. I was shocked how dark it was. Guessing Stadium volumes helps open it up some. :rawk
Agreed, surprising because his guitar is a mahog body and very dark. Used to own and gig with 2 of them but no dots on fretboard were a deal killer performing on a dark stage,

Yup. And doesn't he like use .13s or something like that?

Maybe there is something going on with the IR he uses. Just seems like a lot of
dark and phat elements in his whole rig. And yet his live tone doesn't sound
particularly "dark" to me. :idk

• 100%
Reactions: JT
Back