Another NSD!

My Iridium keyboard just "white screened" and had a halo effect that took a while to fade away.
Had to reboot several times... and wait for it to clear.
Running OS v2.84

Iridium screen.jpg

Ugh, wtf!! Any idea what caused/causes it?? Not seen anything like that here, touch wood.
I was tweaking a Sawtooth test patch I'd been working on... saved it and turned away from the Iridium. Turned back... and that's what I saw. Took several reboots and some time before the halo effect wore off from around the screen edges.
Got the Iridium Keyboard thinking I might use it as a 2nd keyboard for live gigs. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

That happened to me on my Iridium desktop. I had thought that bug was squashed.

I'm not running the current Beta (this happened with OS v2.84).
Maybe it's been fixed in the current Beta 15?
I just asked to be included in the Beta. Haven't gotten a response (only been a few hours).

I'm not running the current Beta (this happened with OS v2.84).
Maybe it's been fixed in the current Beta 15?
I just asked to be included in the Beta. Haven't gotten a response (only been a few hours).
It was supposedly fixed some time ago. I was probably the first ever to report it. It happened 2x early on but not since.

People still enjoying their Iridium synths? They've released a smaller "Core" version recently; fewer pads and knobs, but all the same engine features. Would be quite cool to hook it up to a sequencer. Bit pricey though!

1697886594885.png

People still enjoying their Iridium synths? They've released a smaller "Core" version recently; fewer pads and knobs, but all the same engine features. Would be quite cool to hook it up to a sequencer. Bit pricey though!

View attachment 12432

Interesting move by Waldorf. It is pricey but I think more attractive/less clunky than the original desktop.

I went the other way. Sold my original Iridium and bought a Quantum MKII.

Interesting move by Waldorf. It is pricey but I think more attractive/less clunky than the original desktop.

I went the other way. Sold my original Iridium and bought a Quantum MKII.
Anything particular about the Quantum that made you want to go that way???

Anything particular about the Quantum that made you want to go that way???
The polyAT Fatar keybed, analog filters, more internal memory, more controls, better touch screen, and the experience of sitting in front of such a luxurious instrument. I'm glad I made the move.

Back