Alter Bridge

ManWithGas

Roadie
New album out today for those interested.

cover.jpg

They seem “better” now than 14 years ago… when everyone sounded like creed wich is the opposite of how things go usually.
I wonder what’s the story behind this band… I remember liking the singer a lot but not the actual style. This is different from then.

Thanks for the heads up on them! I apparently have missed their development…

This is a band I check in with every album to see if I’m going to go from casual listener to fan. I LOVE the song “Blackbird” and “Ties That Bind” is a sick song, but overall I find a lack of catchy choruses in their songs that I need to suck me in. It’s like the one band that’s what I expect out of every song and they always fall a little flat to me.

Myles is a ridiculous singer, that guy has such great control of his range it’s insane. I love Tremonti’s tones and most of his riffs, he’s a seriously great guitar player, but like I told JT recently, I dug his Sinatra stuff more than the majority of his other music. Actually, I didn’t think about Tremonti, the band, he’s got some rippin’ stuff in that I shouldn’t discredit. Actually, I need to dig into that stuff more.

I’ll give this a spin! Maybe that one song will grab me!

Pretty much a discography of wrestler entrance themes, imo.

LMAO.

I was going to say that these dudes have my eternal respect simply for the fact that my 10yo son loves two of their songs because they are entrance songs for two WWE wrasslers. In a time when kids simply don’t listen to much guitar based music, you have to encourage them at every chance you get.

I’ve probably listened to The Other Side and Metalingus 3,275 times.

These are the sacrifices we must make as parents.

Long may Alter Bridge reign. :ROFLMAO:

This is a band I check in with every album to see if I’m going to go from casual listener to fan. I LOVE the song “Blackbird” and “Ties That Bind” is a sick song, but overall I find a lack of catchy choruses in their songs that I need to suck me in. It’s like the one band that’s what I expect out of every song and they always fall a little flat to me.

Myles is a ridiculous singer, that guy has such great control of his range it’s insane. I love Tremonti’s tones and most of his riffs, he’s a seriously great guitar player, but like I told JT recently, I dug his Sinatra stuff more than the majority of his other music. Actually, I didn’t think about Tremonti, the band, he’s got some rippin’ stuff in that I shouldn’t discredit. Actually, I need to dig into that stuff more.

This is on point for me it’s almost like they are too Epic and grandiose they have great guitars a huge sound but most of their stuff lacks any real hooks or something that I could say is memorable or will stay stuck in my head after the first listen of the record

This is on point for me it’s almost like they are too Epic and grandiose they have great guitars a huge sound but most of their stuff lacks any real hooks or something that I could say is memorable or will stay stuck in my head after the first listen of the record

I agree with you two, but I really need to give them a chance, because every song I've heard, I like. I think with me, I'm just too old to latch onto things and actually buy albums anymore, lol.

I agree with you two, but I really need to give them a chance, because every song I've heard, I like. I think with me, I'm just too old to latch onto things and actually buy albums anymore, lol.

I keep buying them, I just never give myself enough time to listen!

Every time I hear someone say “Good music doesn’t get made any more” it’s a head scratcher because my iTunes is FILLED with so much good, modern music that I don’t even have the time to get through it all.

I need to start dedicating a point in each week to sit down on my couch without the TV on to just listen to an album in it’s entirety. Preferably, with headphones, like I used to when I was in high school. It’s amazing how much time I had back then to not even flinch at laying on my bed for 4 hours listening to CD’s.

Full tilt mastering on this. Damn, why do they constantly ruin albums and the listening
experience with this horrific "trend." :(

Not just AB---it's pervasive. If I hear dynamics anymore on a new release I am actually
quite shocked!

Full tilt mastering on this. Damn, why do they constantly ruin albums and the listening

Not just AB---it's pervasive. If I hear dynamics anymore on a new release I am actually
quite shocked!

Sony GIF by Bad Boys For Life

quite shocked!

I haven’t listened on good speakers yet, but is it brickwalled? Most bands quit doing this a few years ago….and we actually have YouTube to partially thank for that as a result of them normalizing volumes. A band can brickwall that sh*t as much as they want, YouTube will still only play it at a certain volume. I wouldn’t be surprised if the other streaming services have done the same.

The last brickwalled album I got was Big Wreck’s ….But For The Sun, which is the first album I was completely unable to listen to as a result of it.

Back