All this "Giving Thanks" stuff makes me want to sell my amps

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
Oh also my discovery of the Dynamic Ambience Reverb in Helix is helping. I think that thing, when used right is about as close to "amp in the room" I've ever gotten using modeling stuff without having to turn it up to 95-100db.

There's also my practical side telling me I cant use 11 amps , 60 pedals, 20 guitars, and a dozen or so rack units for anything I am doing or will do. What a time to have this reevaluation. Nothing sells these days.

Bah humbug...

Oh also my discovery of the Dynamic Ambience Reverb in Helix is helping. I think that thing, when used right is about as close to "amp in the room" I've ever gotten using modeling stuff without having to turn it up to 95-100db.

There's also my practical side telling me I cant use 11 amps , 60 pedals, 20 guitars, and a dozen or so rack units for anything I am doing or will do. What a time to have this reevaluation. Nothing sells these days.

Bah humbug...
Laughs in Ruby Topaz

Geesh.... you are up and down, and around-the-world, more than a Yo-Yo in a 1970's Middle School
Hallway in between classes, Bob.

legends of the hidden temple nicksplat GIF

:LOL:

One thing I have noticed since being cover band guy for so long.

I can buy a metric TON of gear with the proceeds. And I do LOVE playing with my bandmates. Sincerely. But there is a void for me where the satisfaction of creation, no matter how slow it might have been; once was. If my band isn't practicing (hush Bruce) or gigging; there is some musical empty and I don't like it.

I sold my Orange, and have been thinking of selling my Badlander, all my cabs, and all/most of my pedals for quite awhile. I just don’t use anything but the Fractal.
As soon as you sell the amps the Fractal suddenly sounds a 'little off' until you buy another amp...it's science. And not the cool physical kind...it's that psychological mind crap. So protect your sanity and keep at least one amp.

Back